Red LD Now Constantly On
Hi,

I've been running my Rock64 for about 4 months as an FTP/Samba server for my home network and it's been running great. Recently the red LED is constantly on. Previously it would only come on during processing activity. Everything seems to be working fine but I'm curious as to why the change in the LED status.

I am running 4.4.126-rockchip-ayufan-239 from a 16GB EMMC Chip.

I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts as to why this LED is now constantly on.

Best,
Tom
Have you updated your distribution recently. Maybe some change in the kernel requiresthe red LED to light constantly. Or possibly have you changed any of your peripherals recently that may be causing this. I do know you can address some of these LEDs directly through the kernel.

I'm using Armbian64 and all my LEDs remain on. Doubt it's anything to worry about
Thanks Rocklobstrer.

I updated this morning. I usually update once a week.

Didn't think it was anything to worry about since all other functions are working fine. Glad to know other are having the same experience.
That's funny because on mine running xenial base (kernel 4.4.77) is the complete opposite: it's always off.
It's on just at boot time.
It would be nice to have it acting like a HDD led of a classic desktop
(05-30-2018, 01:31 PM)zaflaucich Wrote: That's funny because on mine running xenial base (kernel 4.4.77) is the complete opposite: it's always off.
It's on just at boot time.
It would be nice to have it acting like a HDD led of a classic desktop

From what someone said in another thread at one point disk-activity was a valid trigger for the LEDs, but it doesn't seem to be the case atm. Now it seems to be set to none, which leaves the red and white LEDs on. You can change the triggers to point indicate activity either on the microSD/eMMC (but not both). Have a look for "triggers led rock64" and it'll probably pop up in the forum search, within the last month IIRC.