Need help with a problem on all OSs
Hello everyone.

I have a problem that I can not solve on my own. I've been trying for some days without success so I had no choice other than asking for help here.

The thing is that I can not set correctly a static IP on my rock64. I mean, I do can, but the device will ALSO maintain the previous DHCP assigned IP forever. My device does have two IP addresses on the same interface eth0 (not even eth0:1). The problem is that the behaviour is unpredictable.  I will explain myself:

For example, I can connect to it using TCP, and it works perfectly, on BOTH IPs.

But, if I use UDP, it will answer with the DHCP assigned IP, thus the source discards the connection.

I have tried everything I could think of. I installed three different ayufan's stable releases as well as non stable ones (jessie minimal 0.5.15, OMV3 0.6.31, OMV3 0.15.5, OMV4, now I have stretch 0.6.31).. And the problem persists.

No matter if I use omv web panel, or /etc/network/interfaces. I can set an IP, but the other one will be there as well forever.

The only thing that I can think of is the way I am installing the OSs, in case there is some problem.

I just use a SD-installed OS to boot, then I use a script that automatically downloads and writes the image to the emmc card. I am not "formatting" that emmc before. rock64_reset_emmc.sh does not work for me, nor does the jumper to boot on sd card. If I have both the sd and emmc, it will boot the sd, so I use it to write the emmc, then I take the sd off to boot from emmc. If I use the jumper, I will boot on SD as well, but the emmc will not be available, even if I take the jumper off, and use the reset script (which says device does not exist).

Thanks for your help. If you need any further information to help me I will provide it as soon as I can.
(04-19-2018, 09:51 AM)jaimehrubiks Wrote: No matter if I use omv web panel, or /etc/network/interfaces. I can set an IP, but the other one will be there as well forever.

I'm not sure how OMV configures the networking, but if it's via NetworkManager, you might need to use nmtui/nmcli to configure the network settings instead, not /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/network/interfaces/interfaces.d/<contents of directory>. I'm wondering if the DHCP configuration is not being completely removed, hence why you're seeing that behaviour.
Ok. After some testing I couldn't find out the reason of this error.

However, I can confirm that I fixed my problem by installing ubuntu instead of any debian-based OS.

Very weird problem because never happened to me something like this before... I could even verify by arp-ing both IPs getting the same link-level address.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Units locking up problem KNERD 0 1,411 09-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Rock64 does not boot - SPI problem [resolved] csharpy 7 10,267 03-21-2018, 09:34 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  problem when installing Bakara 0 1,266 02-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Bakara
  eMMC recognition problem jykeith123 1 2,752 01-29-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Rock64 Ethernet LED Problem gaz2613 5 5,345 10-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: stuartiannaylor