Display resolutions?
I'm playing around with the most recent Debian image posted by lenny.raposo and I'm having issues with the display.

Specifically I only have a crappy old Dynex TV that has a resolution of 1366x768. When the Pine is outputting 1920x1080 the display runs off the edges. (I've checked the menus and there is no setting that will get it to scale properly Angry ) So, I'm playing around trying to get the Pin to use the native resolution of the panel, but no luck so far. (Could be my inexperience with Debian and XFCE) I wanted to confirm if it's even possible given the hardware.
sorry Saliling_nut.

The current resolution is set to 1080p in the distros I posted.

I will try to put up images utilizing 720p. We are awatiing resolutions supported with the pine via hdmi (as ther eis support for 4k we need to find out what is supported fully)
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
Lenny,

No need to apologize! Great work to get it going like this!

If you have time to go a 720p version, I'd be happy to test it out.
(04-06-2016, 11:10 AM)Sailing_Nut Wrote: Lenny,

No need to apologize! Great work to get it going like this!

If you have time to go a 720p version, I'd be happy to test it out.

Will get it up as soon as I can Wink

Cheers Big Grin
Here is a work around for 1280x720 resolutions from hdmi.

Execute These commands from a console or ssh into your board externally

Code:
sudo apt-get install fbset
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo fbset -a -xres 1280  -yres  720 -vxres 1280  -vyres  720
sudo service lightdm start

And voila you will see the login screen is at 720p and not 1080p. login and it will remain at 720p. Keep in mind this needs to be done everytime you reboot the board or you can simply make a script to do just that at startup Wink

Cheers Big Grin
That worked, sort of....

The resolution is changed, but my crappy TV still extends the display off the edges.

I guess it's time to get a real monitor!
I finally got my to boot, sort of. Display is flashing on and off the entire time it is booting. It comes up to command line, then flashes on and off a few times, then goes black. Three reboots, same thing every time. I guess I will hunt down another image. Does the same thing with "pine64-image-debianbase-31065bsp" and "xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160403"
Hi.

Is there any way to change HDMI resolution (i.e to 16:10 mode, or to 720p, or to other supported mode, maybe 1440p, and others) via xrandr or some magic kernel parameters?

Thanks, and sorry if this was asked before. Couldn't find anything using search.
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=688

Try the suggestions from here.

(04-24-2016, 07:16 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: have any of you tried setting things to a lower resolution such as 1280x720 if not I will post how to do it for debian/ubuntu and oyu can adapt it for arch if that's your distro of choice use pacman Wink

sudo service lightdm stop (or whatever login manager you have)
sudo fbset -a -xres 1280 -yres 720 -vxres 1280 -vyres 720

Test that mode (Linux of Course) and let me know if there is an overscan issue occuring at that resolution Wink
(04-06-2016, 10:24 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: Here is a work around for 1280x720 resolutions from hdmi.

Execute These commands from a console or ssh into your board externally

Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo fbset -a -xres 1280  -yres  720 -vxres 1280  -vyres  720

And voila you will see the login screen is at 720p and not 1080p. login and it will remain at 720p. Keep in mind this needs to be done everytime you reboot the board or you can simply make a script to do just that at startup Wink

I have a monitor with 1280 * 1024 resolution.

Would the code here work for me if I change  "720" to "1024"

I'm running the Debian Jessie you released June 30th (thanks! btw)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rotate Display boyatomic 2 5,023 03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Kiwiboyus
Question Ultrawide Display for Ubuntu Mate DE dudeytsang 1 4,921 01-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Last Post: CaptainZalo