No signs of life - what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the fast responses and encouragement.  So far I've tried both Arch and Remix using several different USB cords and power sources including one that's capable of providing about 10 amps at 5 volts !  I've tried with the Ethernet unplugged and when that didn't work, I even unplugged the keyboard and mouse from the USB port. In all cases, the HDMI jack isn't even putting out sync - the board is completely dead except for the power light.

You know, other boards like this have an activity light for the SD slot, a flashing light in the watchdog loop, etc. - something / anything to let you know that the board is active.  With the Pine64, you just have to guess.

If I can't figure out how to get this thing working over the weekend, I think I'm just going to pack it up and put it on the shelf for a few months while the team (hopefully) gets their act together. I enjoy a good technical challenge as much as the next guy, but at the moment this is like assembling an all-one-color jigsaw puzzle with the lights out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No signs of life - what am I doing wrong? - by bratoff - 04-01-2016, 08:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wrong launguage install chadace 1 4,069 06-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Last Post: chadace
  is my eMMC broken or am I wrong? jykeith123 8 10,983 01-25-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: jykeith123
  What am I doing wrong? Gauloises 3 5,897 06-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Ghost