Compatible LCD DSI
I see that the store is out of DSI LCD screens.  This looks to be the same part
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product...64052.html

Has anyone used on of these on the pine?  If my understanding is correct this is the only DSI MIPI screen that we have a driver for?
my 7" lcd panel is G07021AB01B6 2016.5.10 1986 C
i spent a bunch of time tracking down info using that number and did not find what i needed. i'd be interested in how you cross referenced the pine64 panel to FY07024DI26A30-D

btw i never created the project i had in mind so if you want a as-new and live in lower 48 of u.s.a make offer via pm.
I pulled the part number from this PDF in the wiki:
http://files.pine64.org/doc/datasheet/pi..._panel.pdf

That's interesting if your panel is the official one, but it doesn't match the part number in the pine documentation.
i was under the impression that the document you link to was a pre-production panel datasheet that represented the characteristics of the panel that pine64 was using. maybe tllim will drop by and have comments. sometimes when buying a group of panels from pre-existing panels there will not be a datasheet available for the specific panel rather one similar. or maybe my panel is from a subsequent batch of panels. doing a search there is this thread
https://forum.pine64.org/archive/index.p...-2984.html
which shows a similar number to mine.
Ah that could make sense.  A manufacturer change, part change, etc.  I wonder if they all are pin and communication compatible.
the part about being able to use that info for pinout data i would think is ok. by that i mean lacking any other sources of info i have used that datasheet. but even then in baby steps at a time. i have some hardware data pin extenders for that cable because at one time i wanted to try and swap over some of those lines to fit another panel. and i started with the power cause without it you can do little else and if i'm wrong then the experiment ends right there. you can check continuity with a multi-meter. if you have a scope or dc power supply then at lower voltages that may not damage the hardware. anyway, if tllim put up the datasheet then i would hope the pinout is correct. i did not do any damage to my stuff. however, i had to put the project on the back burner and have not started up yet.
(10-06-2017, 05:05 AM)dkryder Wrote: the part about being able to use that info for pinout data i would think is ok.         by that i mean lacking any other sources of info i have used that datasheet. but even then in baby steps at a time.  i have some hardware data pin extenders for that cable because at one time i wanted to try and swap over some of those lines to fit another panel. and i started with the power cause without it you can do little else and if i'm wrong then the experiment ends right there.  you can check continuity with a multi-meter. if you have a scope or dc power supply then at lower voltages that may not damage the hardware.  anyway, if tllim put up the datasheet then i would hope the pinout is correct. i did not do any damage to my stuff. however, i had to put the project on the back burner and have not started up yet.

There is no LCD model or vendor changed and the datasheet was released from vendor.
(10-11-2017, 01:02 AM)tllim Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 05:05 AM)dkryder Wrote: the part about being able to use that info for pinout data i would think is ok.         by that i mean lacking any other sources of info i have used that datasheet. but even then in baby steps at a time.  i have some hardware data pin extenders for that cable because at one time i wanted to try and swap over some of those lines to fit another panel. and i started with the power cause without it you can do little else and if i'm wrong then the experiment ends right there.  you can check continuity with a multi-meter. if you have a scope or dc power supply then at lower voltages that may not damage the hardware.  anyway, if tllim put up the datasheet then i would hope the pinout is correct. i did not do any damage to my stuff. however, i had to put the project on the back burner and have not started up yet.

There is no LCD model or vendor changed and the datasheet was released from vendor.

If you go by this, they are all the same type.

https://all-spares.com/en/lcd-for-china-...83001a.php

And as cheap as 14$
ah I see there are a bunch of part numbers that all go back to the same screen. Just to follow up, I did purchase the aliexpress screen I posted above and it worked without issue. I appreciate everyone's input and help.
(12-20-2017, 03:51 AM)drock Wrote: ah I see there are a bunch of part numbers that all go back to the same screen.  Just to follow up, I did purchase the aliexpress screen I posted above and it worked without issue.  I appreciate everyone's input and help.

Glad to know that it works Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Compatible 10.1" touchscreen alfredo78 0 2,152 07-06-2018, 03:48 AM
Last Post: alfredo78
  8inch display compatible to FY07024DI26A30-D mbt28 0 2,311 01-26-2017, 10:07 AM
Last Post: mbt28