pinebook_install_to_SD.sh
I get that sometimes it is safer to start from a fresh image rather than upgrading a current image. The problem is figuring out what I have done in the past so I can redo it on a new image. I guess the first step would be to do something like "apt list --installed" to list what packages I have installed. Next would be to back up my home directory. Finally the tricky part is to backup or list changed config files usually based in /etc directory tree.

After all the pre-work then actually boot from the new image. Now to run DIFF or something to look at config changes and missing packages. The installed packages restore is sort of what Android does when I have to get a new phone. Google asks me if I want to restore all my installed apps. The hard part is remembering all my logins, that is why I write down the logins to get my password keeper updated.
The beauty of the Pinebook configuration is that we can run from the SD card until we are happy with the new config then burn it to EMMC.

Are there any shell scripts to do something like this load extra packages and compare configurations?

Messages In This Thread
pinebook_install_to_SD.sh - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-23-2017, 04:26 PM
RE: pinebook_install_to_SD.sh - by tlaswell - 08-28-2017, 12:30 PM