MIPI LCD 10.1
Good morning,

i'm looking for a lcd screen without touch screen and larger than pine 64 table(7''). I found one but i don't know if i need to have into account anything more. LCD Screen is HSD101PUW1-A00. I would like to run my pine64 with debian and this screen.

Here you have the datasheet:
http://www.yslcd.com.tw/docs/product/HSD101PUW1-A00.pdf

I can check it has a MIPI protocol with 4 lanes, but the connector has 34 pins. I think that i can make the conector with a ffc(do it myself) conecting correctly the pins but i don't know if i need to have into account anything more to run the LCD Screen...

Another question is about the squematic about MIPI-LCD, i don't understand the squematic because it seems the conector has 32 pins but actually the conector has 30 pins...could anybody explain me that?Are there more information about this conector DSI and its interface?

So...summarizing:
1.- Do i need to have into account anything more to run the screen?(driver for linux or something like that)
2.- I don't understand well the squematic of MIPI-LCD

Thank you!
here is the pine64 lcd datasheet
http://files.pine64.org/doc/datasheet/pi..._panel.pdf
although i'm not sure if it is current. tllim is probably gonna be your best source of info. but, just looking at the pinouts side by side quickly it looks like you could make it work with some heavy line switching. certainly an interesting project. good luck.
(07-25-2017, 04:56 AM)dkryder Wrote: here is the pine64 lcd datasheet
http://files.pine64.org/doc/datasheet/pi..._panel.pdf
although i'm not sure if it is current. tllim is probably gonna be your best source of info. but, just looking at the pinouts side by side quickly it looks like you could make it work with some heavy line switching. certainly an interesting project. good luck.

The LCD data sheet still current.
The schematic has 32 pins, because of the external metal stubs that are used for mechanical purposes, the connector itself is still a 30 pin connector with 0.5mm pitch. Pins 31 and 32 just simply connect to ground.
Hi!
I received the display and I put on my pine64, the result is that the display is working but in aging mode...I tried to use Android images with LCD support but I can't see anything in the display...I don't know why.

If I use Debian(that's the original idea) I read that I need to modify the dtb file, but I don't know what I need to modify, I tried to put one dtb file that is on one thread in the forum but it doesn't work for me and I tried to see differences between that one and the original dtb file but I don't see big modifications that implicate that display works...

This situation produces me some questions about anything that I need to do...Do I need a driver for LCD or Linux has standard drivers for that kind of displays?How have I to change the dtb?Is it possible that only need to install the dtb on the forum and compile a standard driver for LCD?

Thank you!
yes, the lcd will need to have drivers. will generic drivers work? doing a google search of the lcd model there seems to be no prior documented use of the panel. what i would do in this case is research the generic drivers that are available and look for any prior write-ups or how-to for using/modifying any mipi panel to work with the popular boards like rpi, banana, etc. to look at what is involved. absent any prior work with this specific panel look for work using similar panels with similar single board computer.
I could see that i don't have the driver mb709_mipi in my debian distribution, i suppose that it should be in /lib/modules/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep/kernel/drivers/ and in a folder, i thought that it would be in drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp but i can't see this folders because don't exist.

I've searched in https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi but i didn't find the driver...

Where can i find the driver?because i modified the dtb file with the correct values obtaining it of screen's datasheet. I think that i only need the driver for linux to work the screen.

Afterward, it's possible that mb709_mipi won't work for my screen, but i have looking for a driver that i could modify to adapt and i can see this one in the sources:
drivers/video/omap/lcd_mipid.c

what do you think?

Thank you for your support.
Valma, i do not know enough about the file to say one way or the other if it is helpful to you. but, if i was looking for info, as i said above , search for what is already on the internet about your question,
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&r...cd_mipid.c
and from looking at first 2 pages i do not see any that might be helpful but i did not read each hit. but, i'm explaining how i work through problems, i look for related items from a search. most of the time i have found answers from somebody who has already experienced the issue at hand.
(09-11-2017, 04:53 AM)Valma Wrote: I could see that i don't have the driver mb709_mipi in my debian distribution, i suppose that it should be in /lib/modules/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep/kernel/drivers/ and in a folder, i thought that it would be in drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp but i can't see this folders because don't exist.

I've searched in https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi but i didn't find the driver...

Where can i find the driver?because i modified the dtb file with the correct values obtaining it of screen's datasheet. I think that i only need the driver for linux to work the screen.

Afterward, it's possible that mb709_mipi won't work for my screen, but i have looking for a driver that i could modify to adapt and i can see this one in the sources:

what do you think?

Just doing a bit of searching and it appears that the LCD displaying "aging mode" is simply the LCD performing a basic diagnostic check on itself.  I believe that you have given the LCD power, but other than that there is no communication happening between the pine and the LCD. 

Have you made any more progress with this?  I think that it will not be a trivial task to add support for additional displays for the dsi port. If my understanding is correct LCD drivers need to be added before video driver compilation?  Someone correct me if I am wrong.
(12-26-2017, 01:40 PM)drock Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 04:53 AM)Valma Wrote: I could see that i don't have the driver mb709_mipi in my debian distribution, i suppose that it should be in /lib/modules/3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep/kernel/drivers/ and in a folder, i thought that it would be in drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp but i can't see this folders because don't exist.

what do you think?

Just doing a bit of searching and it appears that the LCD displaying "aging mode" is simply the LCD performing a basic diagnostic check on itself.  I believe that you have given the LCD power, but other than that there is no communication happening between the pine and the LCD. 

Have you made any more progress with this?  I think that it will not be a trivial task to add support for additional displays for the dsi port. If my understanding is correct LCD drivers need to be added before video driver compilation?  Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, i saw time ago that aging mode is a test of screen, and i can configure the screen to work in that mode connected to pine64. 

At this moment the problem is the drivers and the wake-up command. I think that the conexion are well but debian and the screen have problem to detect each other. I tried to develop drivers but the problem is that i can't debug and i only have traces as a debug system and that is a pain for taking advances.

I think that the solution is nearest than it seems but the problem is that i don't have resources to debug. I was looking ways to debug but i remember that pine64 doesn't have the connector jtag or something like that...

From my point of view, the solution will be in the driver now, and I can analyze the other screen drivers and it seems not to be so complicated because in the screen specifications says that the only thing that is necesary is to send the wake-up command, afterthat i suppose that the communication will be activated and it will work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximum MIPI-DSI resolution smartlight 3 6,208 11-12-2016, 04:08 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777