Rock64 4K60P HDR Media Board Computer 64 bit

The 64bit Rock64 4K60p HDR Media Board Computer has been mounted in the C4Labs Emerald Zebra case designed by Dustin for the RPi. The Rock64 has the same form factor, so fits like a glove in the Zebra case with a couple of minor mods to allow for the additional power components of the Rock64;  

The case comes with a heat-sink set that matches the Rock64 perfectly;  this model sports the 16Gb eMMC module, usb3.0, 2Gb LPDDR3 memory (optional 4Gb), PI-2 bus, P5-bus, Gbe ethernet port, 10/100 ethernet port, two usb2.0 ports (one OTG) and IR receiver.

The pic below is the Rock64 running the Android media image 7.1.1:

I was able to mod the Emerald Zebra case from C4Labs with a dremel tool in about one hour. The following post will show the mods; which are necessary and which are optional:

Happiness is a Zebra cased Rock64 board from Pine;  available after July 1 2017

The Zebra case from C4Labs is a seven layer plexiglass sandwich which holds the Rock64 board securely with a glimmer of elegance and ample protection.  The case has been modded here to accommodate the new board; this is easily done with a dremel tool; although, in the near future the cases and boards will match without modding.

The prerelease boards will fit the case with a couple of quick changes to the existing seven layer design.

Four mods are actually visible here.  The bottom two layers have been trimmed on the SD card slot (right side) to facilitate the removal of the SD card , which on the pre release boards is just off center;  the production boards will have the SD card centered.  The thin layer (up one) which holds the board in place needs to be defined better in the corners.  The first clear layer above that requires a notch-out for the buttons ( power and reset ) and for the IR receiver module on the right.

In the pic above the lower green layer upon which the circuit board rests must be notched out to accommodate the front pins of the Gbe ethernet port , as well some of the components on the front edge of the card; note the semi circle notch-out for the resistor in the center.

I have removed the insert ( power , hdmi , audio jack ) to allow for better airflow around the heat-sinks ;  passive cooling is sufficient in this case;  however, the production boards will match the insert should that option be desired.

The Zebra black, and the Zebra Emerald (shown here) comes with the three heat-sink passive cooling set.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Prices aren't out yet. I'm eager to get my clammy hands on one. *sets timer for July 1st*

Edit: I see the 3328 chip has ChromiumOS support[1]. This might be quite an exciting product when it comes to versatility. A 4 gig ram version with ChromiumOS might bode for a useful nano-desktop for those of us who want the best from Linux stability and the Android hw-accelleration.

[1] http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Main_Page
(06-17-2017, 03:48 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The 64bit Rock64 4K60p HDR Media Board Computer has been mounted in the C4Labs Emerald Zebra case designed by Dustin for the RPi.

Please move this thread... this isn't really pine64 News... so at best until a Rock64 forum is setup, it should go under pine64 general IMHO. Nice post though, shows how the rock64 can fit into most raspberry pi cases with only minor modifications in some instances. I have these ones which are beautiful for wall mounting and/or having easy access to the GPIO headers. It would only need minor re-work to fit the rock64 - some nibbling away at at the mid-layer shell because of the second row of headers, and where the IR receiver stands up. Plus some filing of the lugs on the bottom layer which the board is supposed to slide under.
(06-20-2017, 03:14 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 03:48 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The 64bit Rock64 4K60p HDR Media Board Computer has been mounted in the C4Labs Emerald Zebra case designed by Dustin for the RPi.

Please move this thread... this isn't really pine64 News... so at best until a Rock64 forum is setup, it should go under pine64 general IMHO. 

I agree.  I didn't really want to put it there either;  we need to ramp up the Rock64 part of the page;
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Moving thread to Rock64;  hardware and accessories.
marcushh777    Cool

Definitely curious about this, now that I have my pinebook in and working it'd be great to get something with similar bits but 4GB of ram.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
And the price range will make it attractive... lets just say that it will be very competitive with the Raspberry Pi, with a heck of a lot more performance. Not saying anything more specific as the official prices haven't been locked in, so we only have tentative/approximate ones.
(06-20-2017, 03:14 AM)pfeerick Wrote:

Please move this thread... this isn't really pine64 News... so at best until a Rock64 forum is setup, it should go under pine64 general IMHO. Nice post though, shows how the rock64 can fit into most raspberry pi cases with only minor modifications in some instances. I have these ones which are beautiful for wall mounting and/or having easy access to the GPIO headers. It would only need minor re-work to fit the rock64 - some nibbling away at at the mid-layer shell because of the second row of headers, and where the IR receiver stands up. Plus some filing of the lugs on the bottom layer which the board is supposed to slide under.
If you publish a PDF with the measurements and location of the connectors

, I can make a wooden enclosure for this new computer and not have to dress it with a "suit of another"  Wink

Thank's!!
Kindly move this string... this isn't actually pine64 News... so, best case scenario, until a Rock64 gathering is arrangement, it ought to go under pine64 general IMHO. Decent post however, shows how the rock64 can find a way into most raspberry pi cases with just minor changes in certain occasions. I have these ones which are wonderful for divider mounting and additionally having simple admittance to the GPIO headers. It would just need minor re-work to fit the rock64 - some snacking away at the mid-layer shell in light of the second line of headers, and where the IR recipient holds up. In addition some documenting of the drags on the base layer which the board should slide under.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are HW design files available for ROCK64? irenek 3 4,427 12-11-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Rock64 is unreliable after 3 years of service - power problem? ReleaseTheGeese 0 263 11-23-2023, 05:05 AM
Last Post: ReleaseTheGeese
  Rock64 PoE compatbility with Pi4 Hatt recent Single Board Computer offering from PINE kharak 1 947 04-26-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Case for the rock64 that supports the POE hat. o1CRiMSON1o 0 562 03-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: o1CRiMSON1o
Brick Rock64 usb2.0 Power Control Floating GPIO Tutorial Files & Notes MarkHaysHarris777 6 12,954 01-15-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: ds00
  rock64 totally brick dakobg 2 1,613 11-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: olivercfc
  Audio Pot Board Questions vfr400racer 4 2,895 10-11-2022, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Roberto2020
  3D-Printable Button Pegs for the ROCK64 Aluminium Case CounterPillow 2 3,364 08-04-2022, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Vicky Weimann PhD
  Where can I find the ROCK64 POE HAT Zoz 2 2,460 06-08-2022, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zoz
Smile wooden case for ROCK64 killor 13 16,105 03-04-2022, 06:56 AM
Last Post: killor