Holiday - Upgrade question
So I'm one of the people who backed the Holiday Pine A64+ 1GB, and I wanted to upgrade it to the 2GB board.

However, I've been informed that if I upgrade to the 2GB board, my shipping date will be delayed further back. This is not a viable option for me.

I have yet to compete my survey until I can get an answer on why this is so.
I added on to my holiday and I don't think that delayed anything. The question I have is weren't we supposed to go to http://holiday.pine64.com/ and RSVP for our Holiday Pine on the 20th? Before when I went there I was presented with a countdown clock. I went back expecting to put a code in but I don't see a place for it. I'm not sure if I entered my code previously or if there is something that I'm missing.
I'm confused about this as well.  I found this:
https://www.pine64.com/holiday-pine64-redemption
But when I enter the password on the certificate, it just spits me back to the same page asking me to enter a password.
(02-22-2016, 03:08 PM)isfacat Wrote: So I'm one of the people who backed the Holiday Pine A64+ 1GB, and I wanted to upgrade it to the 2GB board.

However, I've been informed that if I upgrade to the 2GB board, my shipping date will be delayed further back. This is not a viable option for me.

I have yet to compete my survey until I can get an answer on why this is so.

Where exactly did you hear this? A few people posting comments on the Kickstarter have reported upgrading to the 2GB without any delay message appearing.

You might try to upgrade. If it did give you a message stating shipping would be delayed, you could always roll back the upgrade. 

I think there was a lot of confusion about the 15th April lockdown date being the same as the shipping date, and so some backers thought their Pine board was going to be delayed...
[quote pid='2679' dateline='1456313459']
Where exactly did you hear this? A few people posting comments on the Kickstarter have reported upgrading to the 2GB without any delay message appearing.

You might try to upgrade. If it did give you a message stating shipping would be delayed, you could always roll back the upgrade. 

I think there was a lot of confusion about the 15th April lockdown date being the same as the shipping date, and so some backers thought their Pine board was going to be delayed...
[/quote]

Imgur link is attached with a screenshot of the email I received from the BackerKit team that I cannot upgrade without a delay.

http://imgur.com/gsJRHXI

And now, I have less than 24 hours to finish submitting my survey before they lock down the Holiday shipments.
(02-24-2016, 07:48 AM)isfacat Wrote: [quote pid='2679' dateline='1456313459']

Imgur link is attached with a screenshot of the email I received from the BackerKit team that I cannot upgrade without a delay.

http://imgur.com/gsJRHXI

And now, I have less than 24 hours to finish submitting my survey before they lock down the Holiday shipments.
[/quote]

I guess then you will have to make a choice between getting the Pine quickly, or getting the upgrade and waiting. 

Sorry I wasn't of more help.
I originally had a 1GB reserved for a February delivery and decided to upgrade to 2GB. BackerKit clearly indicated that upgrading would push out the delivery by a month. Fortunately, the notification was very clear, but it was also clear that I had to choose between more memory and later delivery or the opposite. I chose 2GB regardless and am happy with my choice. It sounds like you are having the same experience.

The good news from my perspective is that BackerKit was very clear on this trade off and so I could make the choice.
YES! I was just charged for my Pine 64 Holiday and the upgrades so I'm guessing they are are their way!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipment upgrade to DHL dkaparis 2 5,306 06-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Last Post: dkaparis
  Backer 32,037: Shipping Question jjbrady34 1 3,376 07-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Backer 12,931 - Shipping Question pspina3rd 0 1,985 07-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: pspina3rd
  Delivery Question jpecora93 7 9,411 05-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: tllim