Bus Performance
I have Dokuwiki running on my Pine64 and it works great.  Performance is good, but I wonder if it could be better?  I have the OS and the Dokuwiki configuration on a microSD card and the Dokuwiki data files on an SSD attached via USB.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether or not I should try and located the Dokuwiki configuration files (/var/www/wiki) to the SSD?  At best, this might save me all of 1/2 second on page displays, so it's probably a fool's errand.

Bonus question: Would testing this be as simple as renaming /var/www/wiki to /var/www/wikiback and creating a symbolic link to the SSD files at /var/www/wiki?

Thanks,
John
(01-23-2017, 09:20 AM)JCMPine64 Wrote: I have Dokuwiki running on my Pine64 and it works great.  Performance is good, but I wonder if it could be better?  I have the OS and the Dokuwiki configuration on a microSD card and the Dokuwiki data files on an SSD attached via USB.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether or not I should try and located the Dokuwiki configuration files (/var/www/wiki) to the SSD?  At best, this might save me all of 1/2 second on page displays, so it's probably a fool's errand.

Bonus question: Would testing this be as simple as renaming /var/www/wiki to /var/www/wikiback and creating a symbolic link to the SSD files at /var/www/wiki?

Yes, once everything is up you can logically move the wiki with a symbolic link, absolutely. Some folks move the entire rootfs nto the SSD;  essentially booting from SD card, and then running from the SSD.

Which SD are you using?  We recommend the Samsung evo plus Class 10 cards;  much faster.   Also , which SSD are you using?
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(01-23-2017, 11:52 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 09:20 AM)JCMPine64 Wrote: I have Dokuwiki running on my Pine64 and it works great.  Performance is good, but I wonder if it could be better?  I have the OS and the Dokuwiki configuration on a microSD card and the Dokuwiki data files on an SSD attached via USB.

Yes, once everything is up you can logically move the wiki with a symbolic link, absolutely. Some folks move the entire rootfs nto the SSD;  essentially booting from SD card, and then running from the SSD.

Which SD are you using?  We recommend the Samsung evo plus Class 10 cards;  much faster.   Also , which SSD are you using?
I'm running:
  • Samsung 16GB EVO card UHS-I Grade1, Class 10 microSD
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
I also have a Samsung 32GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDHC that I am planning to test.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GPIO performance sgjava 0 1,464 10-08-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: sgjava
  Poor Laggy YouTube Performance Beryllium 12 16,733 06-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: g_t_j