Simple quesiton
Need some basic help since the packaging didn't provide any clues and I haven't been able to find anything in my searches. I have the Openhab configuration with zwave card and serialapi_controller_static_ZW5304_USBVCP_US. 

Where does the Zwave card get 'plugged' into? 

The same question for the serialapi ... Also just guessing this provides a serial interface to get console access? Maybe useful if you are not connected to a lan?  

Also it looks like they shipped a push button but don't know the use of this or where it would get 'plugged' in. Guessing it is some sort of reset button so you don't need to pull the power.

Thanks
(01-08-2017, 09:06 PM)tjmcwiz Wrote: Need some basic help since the packaging didn't provide any clues and I haven't been able to find anything in my searches. I have the Openhab configuration with zwave card and serialapi_controller_static_ZW5304_USBVCP_US. 

The same question for the serialapi ... Also just guessing this provides a serial interface to get console access? Maybe useful if you are not connected to a lan?  

Also it looks like they shipped a push button but don't know the use of this or where it would get 'plugged' in. Guessing it is some sort of reset button so you don't need to pull the power.

Thanks

I do not know anything about OpenHAB or the Z-wave module, but I can tell you the button can be used for RESET or POWER, see pic for location (note: I have both reset and power installed):

[Image: IMG_20160719_161454990_zpsydfijbne.jpg]
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
(01-08-2017, 09:06 PM)tjmcwiz Wrote: Need some basic help since the packaging didn't provide any clues and I haven't been able to find anything in my searches. I have the Openhab configuration with zwave card and serialapi_controller_static_ZW5304_USBVCP_US. 

Thanks

Ok - I can close this out now. The 2 pieces from above (zwave & serialapi) actually form a 'unit' that gets plugged into the raspberry pi pins. For those that need a picture see attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)