Longer CSI and DSI Cable
Dear All,

Is there any way to make longer the CSI and DSI cable. The voltage level on these circuits are so low so It is not possible to just make them longer. Also the data voltages are differential I dont know how can I amplify differential voltages in a safe way.

Is it possible to use an optical cable to extend it? 

Thanks
i can extend the dsi line with the use of an extender and another cable. the csi cable is a different story. i tried the same thing, using an extender & another cable, i was not able to get it working. although it could have been a bad extender, but i think power is very low on csi.
(11-17-2016, 02:13 PM)dkryder Wrote: i can extend the dsi line with the use of an extender and another cable. the csi cable is a different story. i tried the same thing, using an extender & another cable, i was not able to get it working. although it could have been a bad extender, but i think power is very low on csi.

Extending the camera cable has mixed results ; even for the Raspberry PI.  Signal distortion is the issue not power; but regardless, it usually does not work well.  Some folks have extended the camera cable ;  but, generally its tricky and usually does not work well.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(11-17-2016, 03:59 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 02:13 PM)dkryder Wrote: i can extend the dsi line with the use of an extender and another cable. the csi cable is a different story. i tried the same thing, using an extender & another cable, i was not able to get it working. although it could have been a bad extender, but i think power is very low on csi.

Extending the camera cable has mixed results ; even for the Raspberry PI.  Signal distortion is the issue not power; but regardless, it usually does not work well.  Some folks have extended the camera cable ;  but, generally its tricky and usually does not work well.

Another concern on the longer cable is EMI.
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how this guy achieved this? Can I do it with 6m cable? Isnt it necessary to increase voltage levels, I dont know how much voltage CSI has but probably 3.3V and in long distance even if we use HDMI how it is possible to have accurate communication.

If somebody tell me the logic I will be very glad.

Many thanks
(02-01-2017, 08:22 AM)mbt28 Wrote: Can anybody tell me how this guy achieved this? Can I do it with 6m cable? Isnt it necessary to increase voltage levels, I dont know how much voltage CSI has but probably 3.3V and in long distance even if we use HDMI how it is possible to have accurate communication.

Extending the cable usually does not work well-- for several solid engineering reasons.  Usually the quality suffers even if it works marginally.  Extending the cable is NOT gauranteed and cannot be reproduced reliably for all situations. This is an engineering problem for which there is not easy solution;  it is not a noob project in any case.

You have to boost the signal, and eliminate cross capacitance, and remove electro magnetic interferrence, and counter unwanted inductances...  its usually not something that is going to work for most people.  Even if you can get it to work, your 'instance' is not going to be reproducible.... every cable is different and the longer it gets the worse it is.

... just words to the wise.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )