Sorry, but you can only perform one search every 30 seconds.
The search restriction timer is a fairly common configurable for mybb so that bots cannot take over the forum and hammer it to death; so, yes you do need to construct your search arguments carefully and thoughtfully.  I found the restriction to be a PITA in the beginning too, but having used the forum for several months now I find that the restriction is not the nuisance it was for me in the beginning.

The mybb search engine is not google !  I don't know how else to say that.  Its basically 1990s search technology and its not very good, frankly.  I find this single point to be the weak link on our forum. You will find generating search arguments on our forum to be a PITA unless you know what you're doing. The mybb search engine simply does not have the intelligence that we have come to expect from google, consequently the 'person' has to be able to intelligently generate the correct search argument to find anything on our forum... and unfortunately, this process takes some skill and some patience.

As for browsers, I use midori;  I have found that it is the most usable and most consistent browser available for gnu+linux on our platform. YMMV. (this is true for the Raspberry PI also)
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorry, but you can only perform one search every 30 seconds. - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 10-15-2016, 05:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Minimum search term length? ronhd 1 3,251 12-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Last Post: tllim