Request: Gpio Access from Android
Information 
Hello
i was looking in the android image but seems that the gpio pins are not avaliable in the
/sys/class/gpio  directory
the directory does not even exist

so please any way that we can make this think work on android:>??

of course there is no a single tablet with GPIO
of course its a TABLET
not a Development BOARD!!

then why have android working on the board that have more thant 50+ gpio but u cant acceso from the OS u want  to run on >??

so i think that we need some examples to control them from android Smile
with working pwm, spi, i2c, interrupts etc...

other wise its like y get this board if u need other board to do the things u want to do with it in the first place and the board itself have the gpio u need ????

thanks! :Big Grin
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
I have sent a query to tllim asking for a development api from the engineers for access to the GPIO in Android. At some level this is avilable, because all tablet sensors are connected internally to some form of GPIO bus...

... we'll see what tllim says.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Usually the GPIOs for sensors are directly implemented in the drivers and exposed to the Android HAL for that particular device, same for the hardware buttons on phones/tablets. Android Linux runtime usually does not use /sys or /dev devices with some rare exceptions... it's not a general purpose OS. That's not to say you can't write a driver that exposes GPIOs through the HAL as an Android service, maybe there is already somehting like that around somewhere...

Look at : http://de.slideshare.net/linaroorg/sfo15...or-android for an example how I2C and GPIO can be implemented
[Image: dguAjQT.png]
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(08-05-2016, 08:41 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: Hello
i was looking in the android image but seems that the gpio pins are not avaliable in the
/sys/class/gpio  directory
the directory does not even exist

so please any way that we can make this think work on android:>??

of course there is no a single tablet with GPIO
of course its a TABLET
not a Development BOARD!!

then why have android working on the board that have more thant 50+ gpio but u cant acceso from the OS u want  to run on >??

so i think that we need some examples to control them from android Smile
with working pwm, spi, i2c, interrupts etc...

other wise its like y get this board if u need other board to do the things u want to do with it in the first place and the board itself have the gpio u need ????

thanks! :Big Grin

try search for [android   gpio    raspberry pi], i was reading some stuff there. btw, /sys/class/gpio  exists on my nexus 7 android 4.4     , nexus 7 (2013) android 5.1,  pixel c  android 7, and nexus 9  android 7. so there is possibilities in basic android.   it surprises me that your pine64 android does not have that directory. i wonder if remix build does. i'm pretty sure device needs to be rooted and have a file manager with root access to see it. google spends time developing ioio so not so much gpio. but others seem to have made hopeful advances.   good luck with this
thanks guys i hope to see more development on this topic soon Smile
and ya i have tried the rooted version but nope there is no such a directory

ill keep searching info about it thanks!
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1

I heard back from tllim; there are plans in the works for exposing the GPIO in Android , and the effort is underway; at this point I have no solid details as to how that will look, but tllim said my question came with good timing because the engineers responsible for the Android images are working on it for soon release. Stay tuned , and stay positive !

The following is tllim's reply to my query requesting Android GPIO API :

Quote:Your question comes in the right timing. We are currently working on open up GPIO at the Android Kernel level and work on the way up. The first one is i2C that currently trying out. However, you may aware that enable GPIO in Android is not as easy as Linux. 
On the same time, we also document on the Android build process and plan to publish soon once ... check out that the document process works well. This will allow developer to build their own Android and open the world without rely on Pine64.
On the same time, Marshmallow build currently in Alpha phase and will enter beta phase on August 20. Hopefully I can publish on end of this month. Once Marshmallow published, it will be Remix 3.0 time.
I try to put my focus more getting engineering activities instead of logistic.

So, this is really good news.  Everyone, sit tight,  exciting things are on the way !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
News About this.?? o.O
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1