Are e-ink devices not health-conscious ones?
I have a good understanding of computer technology but in recent years find myself moving towards near complete digital detox, I think there is far too much waved connection.

I run a Mudita Pure e-ink dumb phone which works as a modem and a rooted & degoogled Onyx Boox Note Air 2 Plus for everything else, at least that is the idea. The privatized Boox tablet firmware (controversial because of GPL) has proved a nuisance and thus I find myself using the linux laptop I intend to sell. 

I like a rough, physical, healthy lifestyle, so to compliment it, I would like a rugged / metal Pinenote to work in tandem with a simple phone. Also, my opinion is that a colour e-ink display option would allow for a better multi-purpose device, I have had trouble reading backroad / topographic map-books in grayscale, and colour is helpful for the odd online purchase as well.

Simple e-ink devices seem to me a better path or at least compromise in the balance of things.

So, my take:
  • Rugged & metal
  • Optional colour display
  • Not too big

Also, I don't even want Bluetooth and physical disconnects would be nice

What do others think?
(02-17-2024, 06:15 PM)daw_sun Wrote: I have a good understanding of computer technology but in recent years find myself moving towards near complete digital detox, I think there is far too much waved connection.

I run a Mudita Pure e-ink dumb phone which works as a modem and a rooted & degoogled Onyx Boox Note Air 2 Plus for everything else, at least that is the idea. The privatized Boox tablet firmware (controversial because of GPL) has proved a nuisance and thus I find myself using the linux laptop I intend to sell. 

I like a rough, physical, healthy lifestyle, so to compliment it, I would like a rugged / metal Pinenote to work in tandem with a simple phone. Also, my opinion is that a colour e-ink display option would allow for a better multi-purpose device, I have had trouble reading backroad / topographic map-books in grayscale, and colour is helpful for the odd online purchase as well.

Simple e-ink devices seem to me a better path or at least compromise in the balance of things.

So, my take:
  • Rugged & metal
  • Optional colour display
  • Not too big

Also, I don't even want Bluetooth and physical disconnects would be nice

What do others think?

I for one would like a rugged eink device.  Its sort of why I have not switched.  All of them so far have felt cheap and are lacking in functionality.  Once we can get a more robust eink tablet, one hopes that the functionality of it will be good.  Basically, I need the ability to read, write and access files quickly.  

I understand you are looking for less connected, but more rugged.  And that is not a bad thing at all.  But, for me, I like the idea of note taking and being able to mark up things I am reading.  I also would like quick access to this information from wherever I am, so cloud functions are nice.