dependancy hell
I cannot fix my dependancy issues.

For context I updated my phone, when it asked to replace dependancies I hit yes and all was well until maybe 3 updates later when it began asking for dependancy switches again and now it won't work and claims there is a dependancy conflict.

What must I do? reflash the OS? there has to be another way right?

I tried keyring reset and "pacman -Syyu"
it sucks because these dependancies look very important for KDE
Can you please post the errors that you are seeing? (The output of pacman -Syu (the double 'y' is usually not necessary, it forces refresh even when the metadata is already up to date) if you can get to it, or the runtime error complaining about some missing library if not.)
It's asking to replace many dependancies a good example would be ":: Replace appstream-qt with extra/appstream-qt5? [Y/n]" and oh boy there is a lot of these. An extra must be replaced with the normal version and if I accept it claims KDE software depends on the extra stuff.

-Syyu was only one of many attemps to resolve the issue and there was many I cannot recall, I really don't what what to do.
Never ran into this issue on my desktop and it appears to be exclusive to kde mobile I assume.

the replacements break "kcoreaddons", "kpeople" and "kcontacts"
I think you are looking at the wrong packages in the error messages, is it not more like replacing kcoreaddons with kcoreaddons5 breaks some other (unmaintained) package? Normally, the package that asks for the unsuffixed package is the problem, not the unsuffixed package itself. At least the kdav2, kimap2, and sink packages are libraries that are no longer used by anything and no longer maintained. (I do not run DanctNIX/ALARM myself, but Manjaro ARM is closely related and those were the packages at issue there.) They can be removed.
(01-11-2024, 09:59 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: I think you are looking at the wrong packages in the error messages, is it not more like replacing kcoreaddons with kcoreaddons5 breaks some other (unmaintained) package? Normally, the package that asks for the unsuffixed package is the problem, not the unsuffixed package itself. At least the kdav2, kimap2, and sink packages are libraries that are no longer used by anything and no longer maintained. (I do not run DanctNIX/ALARM myself, but Manjaro ARM is closely related and those were the packages at issue there.) They can be removed.

I will share a picture later maybe.