Importation taxes
Exclamation 
I have ordered pinetab2 from Spain, for an approximate price of 200 + 50 EUR shipping costs.

The customs service is demanding about 100 EURs of import costs from me... Almost 50% of what was spent on the purchase!!

How can they ask for so much?..., I'm still in shock
It depends on your country and the declared value of the item.

I’m usually paying a little over a third of the total purchase price in custom’s tax/duty on electronic devices imported from China to the EU.

I’ve had no problems ordering directly from Pine64 when they ship with DHL.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
(12-01-2023, 12:52 PM)jfmojada Wrote: I have ordered pinetab2 from Spain, for an approximate price of 200 + 50 EUR shipping costs.

The customs service is demanding about 100 EURs of import costs from me... Almost 50% of what was spent on the purchase!!

How can they ask for so much?..., I'm still in shock

Yeah I got stung by that recently, quite a shock (shipping is bad enough), enough to put me off from ordering the PineTab-V when I saw them briefly in stock this week.  We can only hope that at some point they start shipping from the Poland transit warehouse like the PP.
(12-02-2023, 01:17 AM)dachalife Wrote: It depends on your country and the declared value of the item. 

I’m usually paying a little over a third of the total purchase price in custom’s tax/duty on electronic devices imported from China to the EU.

I’ve had no problems ordering directly from Pine64 when they ship with DHL.

Thank you very much !, my order comes with DHL, I'm still talking with them, it seems that takes too long. Thanks again !