PineTab2 corrupted EMMC
Today i got my PineTab2 delivered. Unfortunately it seems, that the emmc is somehow corrupted.
The Tablet won't turn on.
I created MicroSD Card with factory Image from here:
https://echo.danctnix.org:7269/danctnix-...527.img.xz
When i turn it on with the Debug Adapter booting from Micro-SD Card it boots from MicroSD Card.
When i choose Flash OS to emmc card, it begins to write, but it throws some errors, about mmc init (See log)
When the writing is about 60% it shows - Flashing Successfull. When i switch off the tablet, but it still wont turn on.

(11-16-2023, 06:01 PM)explit Wrote: Today i got my PineTab2 delivered. Unfortunately it seems, that the emmc is somehow corrupted.
When i turn it on with the Debug Adapter booting from Micro-SD Card it boots from MicroSD Card.
When i choose Flash OS to emmc card, it begins to write, but it throws some errors, about mmc init (See log)
When the writing is about 60% it shows - Flashing Successfull. When i switch off the tablet, but it still wont turn on.

Looks like Flash process premature quite at 60% and fro sure the code in eMMC still not complete programmed. Please reflash again and hopefully this time 100% completed.
(11-17-2023, 02:03 AM)tllim Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 06:01 PM)explit Wrote: Today i got my PineTab2 delivered. Unfortunately it seems, that the emmc is somehow corrupted.

Looks like Flash process premature quite at 60% and fro sure the code in eMMC still not complete programmed. Please reflash again and hopefully this time 100% completed.

After 26 unsuccessful attempts to reflash the emmc - it worked.
I don't know what changed, battery was charged over 80%.
Suddenly there were no more mmc initialization errors and the process could go over 100% successfully. Thread can be closed. Thanks all for support and help!

How did you get to the PineTab2 Factory Tool?  I'm looking to re-install Arch on my PineTab 2 using the UART adapter, but it just boots to login screen.  I'm not sure how to get to this factory tool.  Thanks!
(01-12-2024, 08:33 PM)Noxford Wrote:

How did you get to the PineTab2 Factory Tool?  I'm looking to re-install Arch on my PineTab 2 using the UART adapter, but it just boots to login screen.  I'm not sure how to get to this factory tool.  Thanks!

Disregard.  Big Grin
(11-17-2023, 03:51 AM)explit Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 02:03 AM)tllim Wrote:

After 26 unsuccessful attempts to reflash the emmc - it worked.
I don't know what changed, battery was charged over 80%.
Suddenly there were no more mmc initialization errors and the process could go over 100% successfully. Thread can be closed. Thanks all for support and help!

My reflashing of the emmc only took ~8 attempts. Failing progress was to slowly get to 60% and then ended with no error. Not sure what I did differently but power was plugged into UART board and battery was at 100% at time of successful re-flashing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Pinetab2 camera drivers cringeops 9 993 03-18-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: cringeops
  eMMC backup - pinetab2 pinetar.gz 0 428 01-07-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: pinetar.gz
  [PineTab2] Issues with Mobian Networking Cornelia Xaos 7 2,684 12-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Cornelia Xaos
  Touch doesnt rotate on Sway in PineTab2 cgbarros 4 1,981 08-03-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: cgbarros
  Disabling PineTab2 physical keyboard and touchpad? johns 7 1,819 08-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: cgbarros
  Will sudo pacman -Syu brick the PineTab2? cgbarros 10 2,676 07-24-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: rqkeating
  Udemy not working on pinetab2 (danctnix) jbreese 3 1,145 06-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: jbreese
  Factory reset / load to eMMC brentashley 7 12,467 09-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: brentashley