Messed Up Modem
Get some wire, some eutectic solder, and practise. Find a junk circuit board to solder stuff to, or just practise soldering wires together. Wet the iron tip (melt some solder to it), hold the tip to the wire, add solder till you have enough. Do that to two wires. Then heat one up and just stick the other one to it. It's only hard if you don't use eutectic solder. If you do, the only thing that can go wrong is that you didn't get a good bond and it will come apart. If you use conventional (or worse, silver-bearing) solder then several things can go wrong. When you get the prong, apply some solder to it. Apply some solder to the board, and whilst that solder is molten, place the prong on it with a tweezer. Hold it until the solder solidifies. That's it.

I wouldn't try to make the prong, it has to be plated. There must be someone selling them.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
For micro SIM based PinePhone and PinePhone Pro, user can submit support ticket for micro SIM/SD socket spare part replacement. This is free spare part service but user needs to pay for shipping cost (cannot combine with other items). This service only apply to micro SIM type PinePhone and PinePhone Pro, not applicable to nano SIM type PinePhone Pro.

This service will terminate once spare part runs out.
(11-17-2023, 01:39 AM)tllim Wrote: For micro SIM based PinePhone and PinePhone Pro, user can submit support ticket for micro SIM/SD socket spare part replacement. This is free spare part service but user needs to pay for shipping cost (cannot combine with other items). This service only apply to micro SIM type PinePhone and PinePhone Pro, not applicable to nano SIM type PinePhone Pro.

This service will terminate once spare part runs out.

@tllim, I watched user @tckosvic spend months and months trying to get pine64 to actually send him his part, and I believe he finally gave up and stopped using his phone.

I watched user @wibble ask for info that would allow community members to get compatible parts when pine64 runs out in the future or simply to buy a part locally and not require you to send a free part or customers to pay expensive shipping, and again no answer from you. Knowing a part identification/specification would help the community deal with this epidemic of trashed unusable phones.
So I lucked out and won a Pinephone 64 basic edition on eBay for $140, but then eeeep when I opened up the back and took the plate off, didn't realize I basically quite literally be replacing the whole upper circuit board.

I'll just take these to a phone repair shop.

Never done anything like this before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Pro Explorer's edition Qualcomm modem recovery shifras 7 1,130 03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Failed firmware change for the Quectel EG25GGBR07A08M2G modem of PPP Explorer Edition andrey 1 371 02-17-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: traut
  modem isn't online - Arch config bad? brb78 3 2,794 12-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Danct12