Very sad news
Exclamation 
(11-12-2023, 10:00 AM)LibrePhoneUser Wrote: Across mobile-linux fora, longtime Pinephone owners and developers have reported that they got rid of their Pinephone, or consigned it to a drawer with other obsolete purchases. This is no longer the “popular” device it was a year ago.
Actually, I tried to use the LibreM 5 but it was very hot, I could pan-fry an egg on it. When it got colder, I didn't succeed in using it like a USB drive, I wanted to copy some files. I have used my Pinephone since the end of November 2020 (more or less, the first one lasted 2 years) as I explained here. Saturday December 2nd 2023, I succeeded in scanning a QR code for the very first time with this device. For sure, my Pinephone won't end up in a drawer with obsolete purchases, I'll give it to someone else if I start using my LibreM 5 daily. It does the job, my biggest concern is the lack of flawless MMS support with multiple APNs. I don't need a popular device.

3 years are enough to consider me as a longtime Pinephone owner, aren't they?
(12-06-2023, 08:09 AM)anonymous Wrote: Actually, I tried to use the LibreM 5 but it was very hot, I could pan-fry an egg on it. When it got colder, I didn't succeed in using it like a USB drive, I wanted to copy some files. I have used my Pinephone since the end of November 2020 (more or less, the first one lasted 2 years) as I explained here. Saturday December 2nd 2023, I succeeded in scanning a QR code for the very first time with this device. For sure, my Pinephone won't end up in a drawer with obsolete purchases, I'll give it to someone else if I start using my LibreM 5 daily. It does the job, my biggest concern is the lack of flawless MMS support with multiple APNs. I don't need a popular device.

3 years are enough to consider me as a longtime Pinephone owner, aren't they?

3 years is longtime owner, yes Smile

If you need reliable mms and your carrier has different apn for data and mms here is step by step instructions for good enough solution.
I have been using this over a year with excellect succees.
1. Trough system settings activate and allow your data connection and mms connection and write the apn names down
2. Leave the data apn activated trough system settings
3. Set your mms apn details to chatty
4. But this bash script to ~./mms and name it as mms.sh (make it also executable by sudo chmod +x mms.sh)
Code:
#!/bin/bash
while :
do
    if [ -e /home/user/.mms/modemmanager/*.status ]; then
nmcli c up mms && sleep 15 && nmcli c up internet && sleep 30
fi
if [ -e /home/user/.mms/modemmanager/*.status ]; then
notify-send MMS "Potential error when proceeding mms - $(date +"%H:%M")" -i email
mv /home/user/.mms/modemmanager/*.status /home/user/.mms/error/
fi
sleep 5
done
5. Create folder named error under ~/.mms
6. Add this desktop file to ~/.config/autostart
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=MMS Switch
Comment=Start MMS APN Switch
Exec=bash -c '/home/user/.mms/mms.sh'
Icon=org.gnome.Terminal
Terminal=false
Type=Application

Remember to change your home folder path if you use different username than user.
And also remember to change correct apn names after "nmcli c up" - my carrier uses mms and internet so they are easy to use. If you carrier uses name which multiply words you need to use "" marks - like nmcli c up "mms apn"

Hope it helps
for pp regular, 6.6 kernel has hit staging. so, something is going on.

Code:
Package: pinephone-support
Priority: optional
Section: metapackages
Installed-Size: 10
Maintainer: Arnaud Ferraris <aferraris@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.2.9
Depends: eg25-manager, firmware-ov5640, firmware-realtek-rtl8723cs-bt, linux-image-6.6-sunxi64, mobian-pinephone-tweaks, mobian-tweaks-common (>= 0.5.5~), mobile-usb-networking, systemd-zram-generator, u-boot-menu (>= 4.2.1mobian1~)
Conflicts: zram-tools
Filename: pool/main/p/pinephone-support/pinephone-support_0.2.9_all.deb
Size: 3240
MD5sum: ae53c015380f1a5d73814f0199ec2e83
SHA1: 4a1acce1359bd3d5ba9ed95163c955afeb0405e6
SHA256: 2a0983cb7db6c40c816ef63a4a14fc0cae1116df73d04235bb81dab706d2e72e
SHA512: 86bbc38fe0221971522e9cabd91a09fcbbf1834a6f38c610965a5e87777c5c5c0d3bc1e86691412064bea2c2af21a805d6da0b008c48df0e908db78f0e48072e
Description: Hardware support packages for PinePhone
Homepage: https://salsa.debian.org/Mobian-team/devices/pinephone-support
"Fresh kernels!
We managed to rebase the kernel for our supported hardware to Linux 6.6 in Trixie. This was not an easy task, giving all the ongoing work. Especially on sunxi64 (the OG pinephone kernel) it needed lots of work. Shoutout to Andrey Skvortsov for his efforts!
If you’re on staging you may have also noticed new kernels coming through much more regularly. After the 1000th time rebasing on an upstream stable release we decided that the mix of manual work and ad-hoc scripts we had should be made official, and where better than our own Mobot!
Now each upstream release is automatically downloaded, verified, patched and released directly to staging, allowing Mobian developers to focus on other things, like packaging applications and upstreaming these patches away."

https://blog.mobian.org/posts/2024/01/08...s-of-2023/
(01-15-2024, 02:48 PM)user641 Wrote: "Fresh kernels!
We managed to rebase the kernel for our supported hardware to Linux 6.6 in Trixie. This was not an easy task, giving all the ongoing work. Especially on sunxi64 (the OG pinephone kernel) it needed lots of work. Shoutout to Andrey Skvortsov for his efforts!
If you’re on staging you may have also noticed new kernels coming through much more regularly. After the 1000th time rebasing on an upstream stable release we decided that the mix of manual work and ad-hoc scripts we had should be made official, and where better than our own Mobot!
Now each upstream release is automatically downloaded, verified, patched and released directly to staging, allowing Mobian developers to focus on other things, like packaging applications and upstreaming these patches away."

https://blog.mobian.org/posts/2024/01/08...s-of-2023/

is it a time for symbolic donation!
So it looks like this thread can be closed as resolved.
Debian Trixie rocks Smile