No network on Quart64 model A
Hi,
I have three Quartz64 model A. They have been running ESXI arm for some time. I tried to reinstall them today But cant get the NIC working. I have tried Arch and Plebian with the same result.
[Image: 07Uh0B3ltO7K.png?o=1]

Any tips?

Thanks
Tom
Do you still have EDK2 flashed to your SPI by any chance? If so, please get rid of it, Plebian is not intended to be run with bootloaders other than the one Plebian ships.

The reason for this is that EDK2 may be passing either a garbage device tree or a garbage ACPI table to Linux. We only support mainline device trees. Please remove all traces of EDK2 from your devices to ensure this isn't happening. If you need assistance with removing EDK2, please contact the author of the EDK2 port, as they're the one who told you to flash your SPI with it.

Occasional Linux Kernel Contributor, Avid Wiki Updater, Ask Me About Quartz64
Open Hardware Quartz64 Model A TOSLink Adapter
Pi-bus GPIO Extender For ROCKPro64 And Quartz64 Model A
Plebian GNU/Linux
(08-27-2023, 06:14 AM)CounterPillow Wrote: Do you still have EDK2 flashed to your SPI by any chance? If so, please get rid of it, Plebian is not intended to be run with bootloaders other than the one Plebian ships.

The reason for this is that EDK2 may be passing either a garbage device tree or a garbage ACPI table to Linux. We only support mainline device trees. Please remove all traces of EDK2 from your devices to ensure this isn't happening. If you need assistance with removing EDK2, please contact the author of the EDK2 port, as they're the one who told you to flash your SPI with it.

Thank you for answering. I thought that the model A did not have any writeable SPI. So the first bit you put on the sd card er emmc is the boot rom. So I thought that the EDK2 was gone when I removed the sd card. Or does it make changes to something on the board?

/tom
You are correct, Model A shouldn't have any SPI flash, so EDK2 should be gone.

I'm not sure how all three of your Model As are no longer working then.

Occasional Linux Kernel Contributor, Avid Wiki Updater, Ask Me About Quartz64
Open Hardware Quartz64 Model A TOSLink Adapter
Pi-bus GPIO Extender For ROCKPro64 And Quartz64 Model A
Plebian GNU/Linux