Internal WiFi status?
Didn't work, my PineTab 2 does not boot after installing this kernel. I will have to investigate further.
(02-24-2024, 12:57 PM)FortunateFowl Wrote: I had success in being able to suspend without any hangs and the wifi on using the following.

Using your favorite text editor add the following text to the following two files

File at
Code:
/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/wlan_stop.sh 

Code:
#!/bin/bash
if [ "$1" = "post" ]; then
        echo "Post: $(date +%T)" >> /tmp/suspend
        /usr/bin/nmcli radio wifi on 
#       /usr/sbin/modprobe bes2600
elif [ "$1" = "pre" ]; then
        echo "Pre: $(date +%T)" >> /tmp/suspend
        /usr/bin/nmcli radio wifi off
#       /usr/sbin/modprobe -r bes2600
fi
exit 0

and again for shutdowns

add a file at

Code:
/usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/wlan_stop.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# stops the wifi before shutting down, otherwise the current driver implementation hangs

exit 0
Finally got it to work; needed to add some delay after wifi off.
Code:
$ cd /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/
$ cat wifi.shutdown
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" == "pre" ]; then
   echo "Pre $(date +%T)" >> /tmp/suspend
   echo turning wifi off
   /usr/bin/sleep 7
   echo "Pre $(date +%T) done" >> /tmp/suspend
elif [ "$1" == "post" ]; then
   echo "Post $(date +%T)" >> /tmp/suspend
   /usr/bin/nmcli radio wifi on
fi
exit 0
And similar sleep for the shutdown. Thanks everyone!

Edit: sorry.. no. it does not always work Undecided
I was able to enable wifi and bluetooth functionality by following the instructions by moobythegoldensock above, and I got the wifi to persist between reboots by creating service units as described by ninlith above.

I was not able, however, to get the bluetooth service to persist between boots. On reboot, checking the status of the bluetooth service indicates that it is inactive because:

Bluetooth service was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth)

I have put the relevant commands from moobythegoldensock into a script which, when run, creates the bluetooth directory required by the service and enables bluetooth, but something is going wrong that bluetooth isn't getting loaded at boot time.

Anyone having similar prblems, or have any ideas that might point me toward a solution?

I am running arch:

Linux pinetab2 6.6.13-danctnix1-1-pinetab2 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon, 22 Jan 2024 11:53:08 +0000 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Tutorial: SDR/GQRX- Listening In To Voice On Pinetab (Internal SDR) RTP 1 2,496 03-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Last Post: barray