bes2600 driver
(09-01-2023, 07:21 AM)arjan1995 Wrote: I've created a more in-depth guide how you can get the bes2600 driver working right now.

Be aware: this is difficult and unstable (do this at your OWN RISK!). It will take quite some time. You have been warned!

Since the content is subject to change, I'm not placing the full instructions here directly, but instead, I'd suggest reading them in the repo itself:

https://gitlab.com/arjanvlek/bes2600/-/b...ds&plain=0

Feel free to let know if it worked!

Appreciated and thanks :-)
It works!  Well, mostly.  Pics attached.  Thanks to Arjan, Segfault, and everyone else involved with this.  A couple of caveats for anyone else that wants to try it out:

1) The list of build tools in step 1.1 returned some errors for me, as the files weren't found.  I made some substitutions:

xz for xz-utils
libssl for libssl-dev
libelf for libelf-dev
ncurses for ncurses-dev

Some of these were already installed, and some (maybe even all) may not have been necessary.  I wasn't sure if they were part of the reason I was able to do a successful build though, so I thought I'd mention them.

2) The firmware comes in a subfolder called bes2600.  The actual driver also unpacks to a folder called bes2600.  Be careful not to confuse them, or write both their contents to the same folder.

Yes, it's slow.  My speed test actually had the upload a little faster than the download.  It causes the tablet not to come out of suspend, and the driver crashes when I go to shut it down.  Great progress though!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the guide, It worked on my PT2.

I would reccommend using git am instead of git apply.
(09-01-2023, 07:21 AM)arjan1995 Wrote: I've created a more in-depth guide how you can get the bes2600 driver working right now.

Be aware: this is difficult and unstable (do this at your OWN RISK!). It will take quite some time. You have been warned! ....
Thanks for your hard work. It sounds relatively straight forward but, as I'm getting used to having to use a WiFi dongle, I'm thinking that that inconvenience is less than worrying about a broken machine or a battery running down due to a hanging shutdown.

I'll wait a bit longer.
PinePhone Beta 2GB/16GB Postmarket OS v23.06.1 Phosh 0.30.0 (not in use)

PineTab2 Arch Danctnix 6.4.2
Many thanks, @arjan1995. It worked like a charm.
From when the Raspberry Pi came first out I remember how fiddly device tree hacking is. I really appreciate the many hours of testing you probably put in. 

So finally the device can be used without the constant threat of damaging your charging / USB-C port by accidentally pushing that USB dongle the wrong way. For me it became twice as useful instantly.

[Image: zHb6LA0.jpg]

Be aware: this is difficult and unstable (do this at your OWN RISK!). It will take quite some time. You have been warned!

Since the content is subject to change, I'm not placing the full instructions here directly, but instead, I'd suggest reading them in the repo itself:

It worked just fine for me. Thanks for your work and for replying to my initial inquiry.
On Ubuntu Touch the device works but the kernel makes the OS slow. I tried the same kernel on Mobian but same behavior.
I have followed your steps and as of today there is an error with attempting to merge the git patch. Its not a merge conflict. This is my output.[root@danctnix linux-pinetab2 Wrote:# date Fri Nov  3 17:03:43 UTC 2023 [root@danctnix linux-pinetab2]# uname -a Linux danctnix 6.5.7-danctnix1-1-pinetab2 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:11:19 +0000 aarch64 GNU/Linux [root@danctnix linux-pinetab2]# git apply ../0001-Add-wake-for-WiFi.patch  error: patch failed: arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi:157 error: arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi: patch does not apply If I run:[root@danctnix linux-pinetab2]# git am --show-current-patch=diff --- .../arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi | 16 +++++++++++++++- 1 file changed, 15 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi index a766f21bd6f8..cc17c791b9f0 100644 --- a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi +++ b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi @@ -157,6 +157,15 @@ sdio_pwrseq: sdio-pwrseq {                reset-gpios = <&gpio3 RK_PD2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;                post-power-on-delay-ms = <200>;        }; +       sdio_pwrkey: sdio-pwrkey { +               compatible = "mmc-pwrseq-simple"; +               clocks = <&rk817 1>; +               clock-names = "ext_clock"; +               pinctrl-names = "default"; +               pinctrl-0 = <&wifi_pwr_wake>; +               reset-gpios = <&gpio3 RK_PD3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; +               post-power-on-delay-ms = <500>; +       };          speaker_amp: speaker-amplifier {                compatible = "simple-audio-amplifier"; @@ -267,6 +276,8 @@ vcc_wl: vcc_wl {                regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;                regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;                vin-supply = <&vcc3v3_sys>; +               enable-active-high; +                  regulator-state-mem {                        regulator-off-in-suspend; @@ -845,6 +856,9 @@ host_wake_wl: host-wake-wl {                wifi_pwren: wifi-pwren {                        rockchip,pins = <0 RK_PA0 RK_FUNC_GPIO &pcfg_pull_none>;                }; +               wifi_pwr_wake: wifi-pwr-wake{ +                       rockchip,pins = <3 RK_PD3 RK_FUNC_GPIO &pcfg_pull_none>; +               };                  wifi_reg_on_h: wifi-reg-on-h {                        rockchip,pins = <0 RK_PC0 RK_FUNC_GPIO &pcfg_pull_none>; @@ -921,7 +935,7 @@ &sdmmc1 {        cap-sd-highspeed;        cap-sdio-irq;        keep-power-in-suspend; -       mmc-pwrseq = <&sdio_pwrseq>; +       mmc-pwrseq = <&sdio_pwrseq &sdio_pwrkey>;        non-removable;        pinctrl-names = "default";        pinctrl-0 = <&sdmmc1_bus4 --  2.41.0 What can I do to get this patched and working?Thanks!Dekkerarjan1995 pid='119555' dateline='1693574466']I've created a more in-depth guide how you can get the bes2600 driver working right now.

[Image: pinetab-1.jpg?ref_type=heads]
I just redid the procedure accordingly on mobian and it worked flawlessly.

Code:
root@mobian:~# uname -a
Linux mobian 6.6-rockchip #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Oct 30 09:10:41 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root@mobian:~# lsmod | grep bes
bes2600               253952  0
mac80211              888832  1 bes2600
cfg80211              835584  2 bes2600,mac80211

Wifi speed is the same as on arch. And on mobian it did not even hang on shutdown, i.e. clean shutdown. I am keeping my fingers crossed this is persistent and if so, I will surely include the module in the proper kernel module locations to be loaded normally during boot.

I wrote down a few notes on the differences to arch. I will prepare a MR on https://gitlab.com/arjanvlek/bes2600/-/b.../README.md with the Debian infrastructure approach to this. Like deb-src packages.
Hello guys.
Unfortunately, i can't apply the patch for the actual Kernel:

Thats my output:

[explit@PineTab2 linux-pinetab2]$ uname -a
Linux PineTab2 6.5.7-danctnix1-1-pinetab2 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:11:19 +0000 aarch64 GNU/Linux

[explit@PineTab2 linux-pinetab2]git clone https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/li...netab2.git --depth 1 -b v6.5.7-danctnix1

[explit@PineTab2 linux-pinetab2]$ cd linux-pinetab2

[explit@PineTab2 linux-pinetab2]$ git apply ../0001-Add-wake-for-WiFi.patch
error: patch failed: arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi:157
error: arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-pinetab2.dtsi: patch does not apply

Maybe someone has already corrected the patch for the Kernel 6.5.7?

Thanks