KOReader - ebook reader
So I'm not sure if this is exactly what this forum was intended for. But it says "Software" so here's something interesting I found:

KOReader (github) is a FOSS document reader intended for E-Ink devices, but also supporting color documents on color devices. It seems pretty snappy on the #Pinetab2. Reading is the main thing I use devices of this size for, and I've been frustrated with the UI (especially for touch!) of evince/okular. KOReader seems to hold some real promise!

I installed with `flatpak install rocks.koreader.KOReader`. 

(I had to run it twice because my ancient wifi dongle seems a little flaky.)

Happy reading!
I'm going to have to try that. Calibre is a bit slower than I expected on this, and selecting a book only works with the trackpad, not the touch screen. (All the other controls seem to work with touch, just not the key one!)
I just recently updated KOReader and whenever I try to open it, it closes about 10 seconds later. Please assist.
Can only recommend koreader as one of the the most versatile e-reader applications available.

All information about it and also download links are at koreader.rocks.

Using it since a few years already on a variety of other e-ink reader devices and couldn't be happer.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & Pinephone (Braveheart)