Connect my Pine Tab 2 to a pc
I have received a pinetab2 a few days ago.
At first, I was disappointed by the wifi not working and bluetooth neither, then I qwanted a bit and discovered that both need working. I  then decided to order a usb c-to-c cable to tether (I have plenty of a-to-c cables, but no c-to-c). I don't mind waiting a couple more days.
While I'm waiting for the cable to be delivered, I wanted to try to connect the pinetab to my pc, so I can transfer some files and start using it.
Unfortunately, when I plug the cable nothing happens. Sometimes I hear a sound from the pinetab, but nothing more than that. I'm surely missing something.
The cable is the red one that was in the box, while the pc is a very very old laptop running Debian. Do I need to install some drivers?
Thanks anyone who will point me in the right direction.
I think maybe the easiest thing for you to do would be to connect both devices to your home network (switch/router) and then install an app called Syncthing on both devices (you’ll have to read up about it).

Basically, you will have a default folder which you can share & sync items (with versioning) between your devices.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
(06-09-2023, 08:30 AM)dachalife Wrote: I think maybe the easiest thing for you to do would be to connect both devices to your home network (switch/router)

Yes, if only I had means to connect the pinetab to *any* network at all. Once I will have the cable (in a few hours if I'm lucky, next week if I'm not) I will find more than a way to transfer files to it (syncthing, nextcloud...)
I just wanted to transfer files before the cable arrives. I've read somewhere in the pinephone forum about drivers to install, so I thought that maybe I could do something like that for a pinetab
I've added my #PineTab2 to my syncthing network. It seems to be working great.

An easy option I used to get wifi drivers across was to transfer them on a microsd card that could be inserted first into one machine and then the other.
(06-09-2023, 09:08 AM)frtodd Wrote: I've added my #PineTab2 to my syncthing network. It seems to be working great.

An easy option I used to get wifi drivers across was to transfer them on a microsd card that could be inserted first into one machine and then the other.

Glad to hear it's working for you.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When will the Pine Tab be available for order next? tyerod 3 5,808 10-01-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: tllim