Uefi
Hello everyone, I would be very happy if there were programmers who would make a finished uefi bios, download it and install it on the spi or sd card without any effort, I've had denrockpro64 for a very long time, it's very tedious, the images are pretty bad, old kernel, with uefi could i install the latest linux myself using iso or windows 10, i don't want to throw my rockpro64 in the trash. Angry
You can install PineBook Pro images fine if you just change the DTS links right after you flash in the boot partition.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(04-10-2023, 03:00 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: You can install PineBook Pro images fine if you just change the DTS links right after you flash in the boot partition.

Hello, I looked and didn't find any uefi can you give me a direct download link to the uefi image
(04-10-2023, 06:51 PM)nifares Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 03:00 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: You can install PineBook Pro images fine if you just change the DTS links right after you flash in the boot partition.

Hello, I looked and didn't find any uefi can you give me a direct download link to the uefi image

Instructions here - Not sure if Tow-boot or any of the RockPro64 bootloader options are UEFI - my answer was meant to help you away from an old kernel  (e.g. does give you a 6.2 kernel as per my sig).
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(04-11-2023, 04:34 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 06:51 PM)nifares Wrote:

Instructions here - Not sure if Tow-boot or any of the RockPro64 bootloader options are UEFI - my answer was meant to help you away from an old kernel  (e.g. does give you a 6.2 kernel as per my sig).

hey, i put the tow boot on my spi, but i have problems i can't boot the iso on the usb stick and windows for arm doesn't work either, i don't have any settings options for tow boot like with raspberry pi 4 uefi
There is no such thing as Uefi on the RockPro64 and most other arm64 based Singel Board Computers.
Most of them use U-Boot or for some Pine64 boards a fork of U-Boot called Tow-Boot can be used.
Installing Linux on the RockPro64 is pretty straight forward these days and the board is very mature and well supported by the major Linux distributions.

Images for Debian 12 Bookworm can be found here
Images for Manjaro can be found here, just select "ARM" and then the RockPro64 from the drop down menu.

Have you consulted the Wiki?
Lack of UEFI is one of the main reasons I won't buy anymore ARM boards for general purpose computing, like wherever I'd use a PC, because making it do something it wasn't designed to do requires systems engineering.  Without UEFI, you hope the people producing the device do it for you, but they still won't do it for too long.

UEFI is supported on ARM, is available in u-boot, and could be used on embedded systems right away.  Distros would need to deal with an arm board that acted more like a PC, but it means less work for them in the long run.   The new standards do UEFI with DeviceTree, the latter is undeniably crappier than ACPI, but clearly producers of arm boards aren't capable of doing ACPI, they like pushing as much work as possible to device sellers, distros, and end users.   In their defense, it might raise the cost too much, but baby steps...

Even still, I'd buy boards right away if I didn't have to engage in custom systems engineering constantly.
I want an SystemReady IR certified board, that follows the EBBR boot standard.  In fact I want one right now, for an embedded project.
If you don't like em, sure, don't buy them. More for the rest of us. I don't actually even know what EUFI is, but I really like my RockPro64.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]