SMS Problem
I have just received the phone, with Manjaro-Arm installed. I've got the contacts moved from my Android phone and the voice part is looking good. It also goes on Wifi and thus to the Web OK.

However, I've sent an SMS from an SMS API and this hasn't turned up anywhere. Also I'm getting
Code:
No Device Available
in KDE SMS Connect and
Code:
Device to Send SMS With
when I try to send from the phone book. I'm installing all the updates.

Any solution any solution to this? I've looked through many SMS threads but not seen this. I'd like to use it as my phone, but without SMS I can't?
To begin with, I would flash another distribution, with an interface other than Plasma mobile (for example postmarketOS with Phosh) to a microSD card, boot from it, and see whether it works there.

If it does, you'll know it's a problem with Manjaro and/or Plasma mobile and you can investigate in that direction.

If it still doesn't work, then it's probably the modem firmware which doesn't work well with your mobile network operator. In this case you should try using the custom modem firmware available at https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk
PinePhone Beta Edition 3GB RAM - custom firmware v.0.7.4 - ADSP v.30.007 - postmarketOS edge - sxmo
(04-09-2023, 07:48 AM)hugh_barnard Wrote: I have just received the phone, with Manjaro-Arm installed...
Preinstalled OS could be very outdated - start with flashing a fresh operating system[Image: wink.png]
Even if you get your "ancient" preinstalled system updated - there are probably still incompatibilites etc as in current development stage flawless upgrade path over all versions is not a primary target at moment. Flash the latest OS, test it and give feedback - that is the most useful way [Image: wink.png]
BTW - SMS sending app in Plasma Mobile is Spacebar Wink
My experience with Manjaro PlaMo: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15300

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Problem with cameras/Megapixels? danimations 23 9,357 04-27-2023, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Screen blocker is damaged ("loginctl unlock-session c1" problem) Gon 2 1,915 09-29-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Firewave
Question Problem with booting from SD card. Several errors LittleStone 0 829 09-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: LittleStone
  Problem installing 8jef 0 1,510 12-19-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: 8jef