out of box
1) I like it  
 2.) it needs to open the back and remove the battery to reset when it goes to sleep . lets say the back cover is getting to be easier to remove now.
3) the software for the system wont update the system . Every time I start the phone it calls to update.
4) I can watch the battery level drop while the phone does nothing. in 15 minutes it dropped to 86% from 100% fully charged over night.
5) the time out controls sorta work. they seem to have their own vary in time. I can set the screen time out at 2 minutes and it might be early or later. and the power timer seems to go at the same time as the screen setting.
6) the volume is too low even on high and the ear jack sorta is not a good fit for mono or stereo jacks
7) it would help to have a basic operators manual even if it is always being updated. l
8) I like it because many of you have tried to put way too much into the project. and your going to fail. try making the best basic phone first then adding the real good stuff. after you get the solid phone. it will sell.
9) can the phone have an optical (air) gap to prevent hacking? your already sucking the power from the battery so lower the CPU and gap it.
10) i used to work with dos and win3.1 everyday was hell. restart restart. edit config and reg. take long walks and yell at the walls. this is not much different than  those days. I still like the phone. send me a patch to fix the system updater and fix having to take the battery out. those 2 really suc.
If Manjaro is the factory operating system for the Pine Phone Pro, and that's what you are using, then consider installing a different operating system as the first thing yo do. This will likely solve half your problems (+/-). Check the board for recommendations, but people say Mobian, Arch Linux + Phosh works well on the Pine Phone...Pine Phone Pro maybe different.
Arch Phosh is a good choice for an o.s. Also shut down whatever you can such as BT etc. to save battery life.
Arch Phosh itself will save battery life because of the Arch philosophy of K.I.S.S. The o.s. has less power draw naturally.
I use a PP convergence as a main device and my PPP sits in a box however is the fastest of my devices.
I have found through experience that once you have set the device up the way you want it - DON'T UPDATE !
Leave it alone and it runs fine. Through what I have stated I could get 6 hours+ out of the device with minor usage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
(12-03-2022, 03:23 PM)CaptRampage Wrote: 1) I like it  
 2.) it needs to open the back and remove the battery to reset when it goes to sleep . lets say the back cover is getting to be easier to remove now.
3) the software for the system wont update the system . Every time I start the phone it calls to update.
4) I can watch the battery level drop while the phone does nothing. in 15 minutes it dropped to 86% from 100% fully charged over night.
5) the time out controls sorta work. they seem to have their own vary in time. I can set the screen time out at 2 minutes and it might be early or later. and the power timer seems to go at the same time as the screen setting.
6) the volume is too low even on high and the ear jack sorta is not a good fit for mono or stereo jacks
7) it would help to have a basic operators manual even if it is always being updated. l
8) I like it because many of you have tried to put way too much into the project. and your going to fail. try making the best basic phone first then adding the real good stuff. after you get the solid phone. it will sell.
9) can the phone have an optical (air) gap to prevent hacking? your already sucking the power from the battery so lower the CPU and gap it.
10) i used to work with dos and win3.1 everyday was hell. restart restart. edit config and reg. take long walks and yell at the walls. this is not much different than  those days. I still like the phone. send me a patch to fix the system updater and fix having to take the battery out. those 2 really suc.

1) Here is what is happening. I found the battery to not hold a charge. the battery seems to be bad. or the soft ware is killing all power.
2) I am unfamiliar with reinstalling the software and where do I down load it for working with phones. I have the pine pro explorer edition with manjoro.
what OS can I use to get the phone to work. I would like to do an OS reinstall first. then if it don't work something else.
3) do I need special equipment?
4) I can push the power button and bring up the window with the shutdown/restart options. I can push the shutdown and it keeps restarting this is getting worse.
5) thanks all I got for now. just screwing around with the old fashion line numbering.

(12-04-2022, 11:35 AM)Chief Wrote: Arch Phosh is a good choice for an o.s. Also shut down whatever you can such as BT etc. to save battery life.
Arch Phosh itself will save battery life because of the Arch philosophy of K.I.S.S. The o.s. has less power draw naturally.
I use a PP convergence as a main device and my PPP sits in a box however is the fastest of my devices.
I have found through experience that once you have set the device up the way you want it - DON'T UPDATE !
Leave it alone and it runs fine. Through what I have stated I could get 6 hours+ out of the device with minor usage.

where can I download the version for my phone? I am running manjaro  in the pro expedition. I cannot get my phone to stay on long enough to bring up settings.
  I want to just try the OS reinstall first. where can I get the original download? I am looking for another battery in the mean time.
OS releases are available here:

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...e_Releases

Instructions for installing a new OS (probably install to a microSD card to start) here:

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...structions