Hires Music Player for PPP
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and wanted to ask the community a quick question about music players available on mobile Linux.

I understand the OS is still not in Beta and this request is of quite low priority, but I am keen to buy the Pine Phone Pro and the only thing holding me back is the lack of a decent music player for this phone.

I am currently using Poweramp on a Fairphone 3+ inside Ioda android, which I am very happy with, it ticks all the boxes form me including being able to play DSD files, and import and export M3U8 playlist files.

On my laptop I am running JRiver inside Qubes OS.

However I would much prefer a fully Linux phone, can anyone tell me if there are any decent music players available?

I have looked at all the usual's from the online lists, but don't know how many of them will run on the PPP, I also understand the Ubuntu Touch recently removed support for Cantata.
Following the discussion on United & Co, I typed in the following diagnostic.
Cantata and MPD can be installed.

mburns@mobian:~$ aplay --dump-hw-params -D hw:0,0 -f cd /dev/zero
Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
HW Params of device "hw:0,0":
--------------------
ACCESS: MMAP_INTERLEAVED RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S8 S16_LE S24_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: [8 32]
FRAME_BITS: [16 64]
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: [8000 96000]
PERIOD_TIME: (333 16384000]
PERIOD_SIZE: [32 131072]
PERIOD_BYTES: [256 1048576]
PERIODS: [2 8192]
BUFFER_TIME: (666 32768000]
BUFFER_SIZE: [64 262144]
BUFFER_BYTES: [256 524288]
TICK_TIME: ALL
--------------------
Okay, many thanks
I personally just use desktop VLC on my PPP. The UI is clunky on touch but it gets the job done. Whatever runs on Linux should work on a pinephone.
I used squeezelite a while back - logitechmediaserver is elsewhere on the network and reachable by VPN. I didn't try LMS on the phone, but given the various things using it on the Pi I doubt it would be a problem. MPD would be another option.