Front infrared flash continually flashing
(05-06-2022, 04:49 AM)wibble Wrote: Please explain what you think is happening, and why it shouldn't be. It sounds like you're conflating the operation with the proximity sensor with that of the front camera.

I know it's been over a year since I posted that.

I posted it to raise a flag and I quit using the phone, waiting for things to improve.  The battery life is still poor and  the IR still flashes constantly.  There is no reason a proximity sensor should flash when the power button is pushed to turn off the display.  It's used to turn off the display when the phone is put up to one's head or maybe even keep the display off when in the pocket.  Being that the phone does not have that functionality it makes sense to disable the IR flash for the sake of power consumption.  Besides all that I don't trust big business nor any government.  The line between them has blurred and with the push for facial recognition, which uses IR, I don't like it.  I see the same issue with other phones in my possession.  How ironic it would be for the phone freedom crowd to be targeted with spying chip in their "secure open source devices".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Front infrared flash continually flashing - by donchurch - 09-08-2023, 08:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot find a method of flashing to EMMC that works MarkF 4 6,159 10-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: discogribbs