passcode not provided
I have just bought a second hand pine beta. It has mobian on. I do not have the passphrase. And if I do manage to get it can I just install my sim from my Android phone? Otherwise what are my options? Thanks.
(04-07-2022, 10:41 AM)linuxpine Wrote: I have just bought a second hand pine beta. It has mobian on. I do not have the passphrase. And if I do manage to get it can I just install my sim from my Android phone? Otherwise what are my options? Thanks.

There are lots of options including reinstalling. You should be able to find instructions and OS options here https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...e_Releases

Also, maybe the Mobian is a default install? I think some default logins for various OSes are also either on the above page or findable in the forums here.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
(04-07-2022, 10:41 AM)linuxpine Wrote: I have just bought a second hand pine beta. It has mobian on. I do not have the passphrase. And if I do manage to get it can I just install my sim from my Android phone? Otherwise what are my options? Thanks.

Default Mobian passphrase is 1234. Give it a try to test functionality.

If bought from a stranger, I'd start with a new image, using your favorite image writing utility (send one of the previously linked images to sdcard for testing).

And yes, taking an already activated SIM and placing it into the Pinephone (from an Android) is the quickest way to get up and running.

Be careful when placing your SIM card into the Pinephone (so as not to bend or harm the pins inside).
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forgot passcode Helle 2 513 11-28-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Helle
  Forgot Passcode to log onto phone benphone 2 1,816 02-27-2022, 09:07 AM
Last Post: walter1950