HELP PLEASE cant update PPP says packagekit crashed and also says database is locked
My PPP i just got today and it failed to update it says "offline update failed" and the reason was my packagekit has crashed. i tried to reset and it had some message saying locker is broken and somthing about my database is locked and unable to be unlocked and logging into a virtual enviroment and doing a certain command butr  the message didnt fit on the screen entirly. can someone help me please. thanks
I’m not sure if this is your issue, but a common thing that happens can be fixed by using this command (assuming you use Manjaro (preinstalled) or Arch):

Code:
sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

From what I understand updating with graphical tools doesn’t always work and might cause this issue, so try updating via terminal instead:

Code:
sudo pacman -Syu
I realize that this is probably too late to be helpful and hopefully life is good for you by now.  But...

Hopefully you got wifi up before your phone tanked.  If you did then use ssh to get to the phone and do as Phalio suggests (first the rm, then the pacman) but use -Syyu on the pacman line.  The 'yy' forces stuff to synchronize. 

If you DIDN'T get wifi going before the poop hit the fan, your best bet is to flash an SD card and boot from that.  See the wiki for howto.
(03-19-2022, 07:19 AM)Phalio Wrote: I’m not sure if this is your issue, but a common thing that happens can be fixed by using this command (assuming you use Manjaro (preinstalled) or Arch):

Code:
sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

From what I understand updating with graphical tools doesn’t always work and might cause this issue, so try updating via terminal instead:

Code:
sudo pacman -Syu

Thankyou Phalio, cant boot my phone after trying to flash mobian to emmc i can boot the phone but every time it involves me pressing the RE button + power a ccouple times and then it boots from sd. i dont know how to fix this now lol. any thoughts?

(03-19-2022, 09:24 PM)arzach Wrote: I realize that this is probably too late to be helpful and hopefully life is good for you by now.  But...

Hopefully you got wifi up before your phone tanked.  If you did then use ssh to get to the phone and do as Phalio suggests (first the rm, then the pacman) but use -Syyu on the pacman line.  The 'yy' forces stuff to synchronize. 

If you DIDN'T get wifi going before the poop hit the fan, your best bet is to flash an SD card and boot from that.  See the wiki for howto.

thank you, thats what i am currently doing but im using mobian and the poweer dosnt turn the phone on i have to press the back RE button + the power button a couple times the it boots from sd . i dont know how tho fox this issue.

this is what shows up when i type "lsblk"

(03-20-2022, 11:13 PM)Jdoe Wrote: Thankyou Phalio, cant boot my phone after trying to flash mobian to emmc i can boot the phone but every time it involves me pressing the RE button + power a ccouple times and then it boots from sd. i dont know how to fix this now lol. any thoughts?

I don't think Mobian works on the eMMC for now. Simply wipe the bootloader from the eMMC as explained under https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...m_the_eMMC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone not booting after interrupting update PineBetter 1 1,042 05-31-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Waydroid after update to 5.18 kernel? Airdale 1 1,379 06-23-2022, 03:07 PM
Last Post: prurigro
Question Update issues For_lack_of_a_better_name 8 4,919 03-17-2022, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Phone bricked after update. Won't boot mando 5 3,729 02-13-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: bcnaz