Pbp Dockingdeck compatibility with ppp
Hello and thanks to the community.

I would to buy the pinphone pro in remplacement of my realy old broken lineageos phone and linux laptop. 
I really want to support a open, decentralized, reparable and privacy friendly projects.

And a phone with a dock should be the best solution in my opinion.
Is the docking deck designed for the pinebookpro is compatible with pinephonepro?
I have no idea what you are talking about. In general, the Pinebook Pro and PinePhone Pro are different devices. You should be able to run the same applications though, as the system is the same.

However, you need to be aware of the issues with the Pinephone Pro.
The question is ,
Is this product " https://pine64.com/product/pinebook-pro-...king-deck/ " is compatible with pinephone pro or is designed to be compatible in the future?
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)Rosbeefandino Wrote: The question is ,
Is this product " https://pine64.com/product/pinebook-pro-...king-deck/ " is compatible with pinephone pro or is designed to be compatible in the future?

For phones, they are smaller. However, the problem is not compatibility, but that the Pinephone / PinePhone Pro is not suitable for everyday use.

Don't try to turn your phone into a computer or you will be disappointed. I've thought about it myself and I've used the USB-C adapter about 2 times.

But if you want it, buy it. It should work.
I daily drive my PinePhone Pro. Is it currently equal to an Android, as far as app-availability goes? No. But it does everything a phone needs to do. Unless you think a phone must also be a camera. The camera doesn't currently work, in any OS I've tried. But that will likely be fixed in the semi-near future. The community has been meeting the challenges well, so far. For reference, I use Tow-Boot and Arch (from the SD).

As for the various docks being compatible... First of all, this is the PinePhone Pro section of the forums, not the PineBook Pro section. Secondly, I don't think Pine64 claims that either of those docks work with the PinePhone Pro. But that's not to say that they can't be made to work with it. If I were a betting individual, I would put my money on members of the community figuring this out and incorporating it into future OS versions.

It may also be worth pointing out that Pine64's docks are very well built. So, even if you can't get it to work today, it's not as though they are completely useless. For the price, you might be hard-pressed to find a better-built dock. Just my opinion...
thank you for your responses

finaly i bougth both ppp and pbp docking deck
i dont realy understand why it should not be a daily device and a computer replacement.
as netbook disapear from the face of the world ppp can totaly replace this market

as an early adopter device its not empty of bug but. improvment are diary story so i hope that i can help.

now i just have to takes some autotraining to understand deep linux scripting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Case compatibility JD1er 3 3,028 01-22-2022, 09:01 AM
Last Post: JD1er