Hesitant to switch over, but help convince me?
So I've been watching SXMO and I'd love to use it full time, but it just seems like, after a few tries, that it takes so many more clicks and actions to do basic things, and that it's not actually simpler than somthing like phosh.
Am I missing something? I do want to use it (been using sway and i3 on the desktop for >5 years) but it feels like I need that "click" moment to happen. When did it "click" for you?
I do have a keyboard addon - does that make it easier?
(02-27-2022, 08:27 PM)elagost Wrote: So I've been watching SXMO and I'd love to use it full time, but it just seems like, after a few tries, that it takes so many more clicks and actions to do basic things, and that it's not actually simpler than somthing like phosh.
Am I missing something? I do want to use it (been using sway and i3 on the desktop for >5 years) but it feels like I need that "click" moment to happen. When did it "click" for you?
I do have a keyboard addon - does that make it easier?

Dear elagost,
I also try a lot of linux OS for pinephone, and to my mind, SXMO is the best. I didn't want to spend all my time in playing games, and be spied by every application installed on my phone. So having bought a pinephone and finally cope with SXMO v1.9  is now my daily smartphone solution. Okay... You will have to spend some text-commands but you really know what you are doing and you make it one time. there's a list of applications that are really useful and simple to manage. I also get the keyboard which suits very well with SXMO (PLASMA was a nightmare for example). So, carry on using SXMO ! SXMO+PINEPHONE force us to learn very good things. Don't give up (SIA...). Salut l'ami.

Smile