Reinstall factory system
Is it possible to do it  in Pinephone pro without via SD?
You definitely need an SD card if you wiped your install on the emmc already
if you still have an operating system able to boot , you can install from there or you can install tow-boot and connect to usb and flash directly to the phone
(02-19-2022, 07:17 PM)kaida Wrote: You definitely need an SD card if you wiped your install on the emmc already
if you still have an operating system able to boot , you can install from there or you can install tow-boot and connect to usb and flash directly to the phone

Hi. I have Tow-Boot installed. I used to boot from eMMC or SD. Now my eMMC is session blocked and I cannot ssh from PowerShell so I want to flash a new system on eMMC but I do not know how. Can I use Etcher from windows11?
How? Do I start Pinephonepro with the up volumen where I can see the folders and just burn to eMMC like I do with the SD cards?
Kind regards
Emilio
(06-01-2022, 11:09 PM)Emilio Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 07:17 PM)kaida Wrote: You definitely need an SD card if you wiped your install on the emmc already

Hi. I have Tow-Boot installed. I used to boot from eMMC or SD. Now my eMMC is session blocked and I cannot ssh from PowerShell so I want to flash a new system on eMMC but I do not know how. Can I use Etcher from windows11?
How? Do I start Pinephonepro with the up volumen where I can see the folders and just burn to eMMC like I do with the SD cards?
Kind regards
Emilio

There are various ways, so here how I did it:
- Boot PPP from SDcard with your favourite distro
- download the image you want to flash onto the eMMC (via phone webbrowser)
- if not installed already, install gnome-disk-utility
- run it: 'sudo gnome-disks'
- select the eMMC, on to top click onto the 3dot menu, select "Restore Disk Image" and select your downloaded image from step2
- wait until its written to storage...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Pinephone Pro into Factory Test Build for Hardware Checking jydoxcen 3 751 02-17-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Can i reinstall the os with an image using ubuntu? without having an sd card? PineBetter 16 3,782 08-29-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Factory installed operating systems bcnaz 0 718 03-29-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bcnaz