PPP won't charge
I received my PPP and it won't charge. I realized I didn't have a 5v 3a charger so I bought one, but even with that the battery drains while plugged in. I tried to update Manjaro but I get a daemon package failed error through the updater, and if I try the pacman -Syyu in terminal I get an error that it can't lock database.

So I was wondering if another distro fixes this and if so any specific, I was thinking of trying arch or mobian (off an ad of course).

I did want to try Manjaro out so if you know a fix for the charging that would be awesome.
Did you remove the tape from the battery ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-30-2022, 12:57 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Did you remove the tape from the battery ?

Yes I did.

Update I did get it to update using 
Sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck
Command then run 
Sudo pacman -Syyu
Command.

It updated perfect and is charging now. The battery still drains quickly but I'm hoping after some use it will get better or as I explore more I'll find some better settings for battery life.
My 'Pro' was supposed to arrive yesterday. (Friday, 28th)

Have you tried charging the phone while it is turned off ? (not a fix, maybe a step.)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-30-2022, 01:45 AM)bcnaz Wrote: My 'Pro'  was supposed to arrive yesterday.  (Friday, 28th)

Have you tried charging the phone while it is turned off  ?  (not a fix, maybe a step.)

I did but it turns on when you plug it in. 
I did put an update on how I got mine to update, since then it charges with the charger it calls for in the quick start guide (5v 3a 15w).

Just need to find better settings to get the battery to last longer now.
(Meant plug the charger in first, ---> then turn off the phone.)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-30-2022, 02:07 AM)bcnaz Wrote: (Meant plug the charger in first, ---> then turn off the phone.)

Charging is a bit broken and turning the phone off while it's plugged in will just result in the phone rebooting.
I have the same problem. I received the PPP on Thursday. I started it at noon after delivery and looked at it a bit. But since I still had to work, I left it lying around. In the evening it was off and I wanted to load it. No reaction from the PPP. It just doesn't seem to be charging and that's why I haven't been able to switch on the PPP since Thursday evening. I have now reordered a Pinephone Battery Charger in the hope that I will be able to switch it on again. However, I have already contacted support, as I cannot rule out a device defect.
(01-30-2022, 11:08 AM)Truemmerer Wrote: I have the same problem. I received the PPP on Thursday. I started it at noon after delivery and looked at it a bit. But since I still had to work, I left it lying around. In the evening it was off and I wanted to load it. No reaction from the PPP. It just doesn't seem to be charging and that's why I haven't been able to switch on the PPP since Thursday evening. I have now reordered a Pinephone Battery Charger in the hope that I will be able to switch it on again. However, I have already contacted support, as I cannot rule out a device defect.

It's a problem with all of the PPP from what I understand. Read the blue section in the wiki here (https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...structions) and this will get your phone charged again, but it will still die and be unusable the next day until a fix is released.
(01-30-2022, 11:08 AM)Truemmerer Wrote: I have the same problem. I received the PPP on Thursday. I started it at noon after delivery and looked at it a bit. But since I still had to work, I left it lying around. In the evening it was off and I wanted to load it. No reaction from the PPP. It just doesn't seem to be charging and that's why I haven't been able to switch on the PPP since Thursday evening. I have now reordered a Pinephone Battery Charger in the hope that I will be able to switch it on again. However, I have already contacted support, as I cannot rule out a device defect.

If you do this
 I did get it to update using 
Sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck
Command then run 
Sudo pacman -Syyu
Command.

To update and it should charge. Mine is now charging like normal, but still drains fast.