OS Updates/Progress
Question 
There does not seem to be anywhere to check for updates on progress being made to bug fixes or future releases for the Android OS. It just feels like the Pine was released and that was it, no further progress needed. Could we perhaps get some form of newsletter or post for possible future updates and releases for all OS's not just Android? I enjoy my Pine a lot but with no update in over 3 months it looks like there is not much going for it. Sad
Maybe a silly question, but did you check the wiki page or the forum. I'm quite sure there have been updates of the OS'es in the past 3 months.
(06-30-2016, 01:34 AM)Boring Wrote: Maybe a silly question, but did you check the wiki page or the forum. I'm quite sure there have been updates of the OS'es in the past 3 months.

Yeah checked all over, even the "news" section of the forum has had no posts since the 17th of March which you would think would be the place for any updates. Just feel we need somewhere to go for updates. There has been a few updates on the actual OS images but there does not seem to be any post or newsletter, think it would be a nice touch.
My Remix installation has at least twice been updated online (within 2-3 weeks) So is there a reason to install a new images and loose all your downloads, setup, etc. I hope not.
(06-30-2016, 04:03 AM)gbjensen Wrote: My Remix installation has at least twice been updated online (within 2-3 weeks) So is there a reason to install a new images and loose all your downloads, setup, etc. I hope not.

That's true, I don't mean there should be new images but just somewhere that they announce updates. Remix is a bit different as there is a website for Remix with a lof more support so you do get updates more often but the general Android build has nothing of the sort, or what I can see.
i have been following the threads for the different builds and can remember mentions of new stuff either done or in the works. but i agree that a central location would be nice. i suppose it would take a volunteer willing to research and report.
(06-30-2016, 01:22 AM)InCognito Wrote: There does not seem to be anywhere to check for updates on progress being made to bug fixes or future releases for the Android OS. It just feels like the Pine was released and that was it, no further progress needed. Could we perhaps get some form of newsletter or post for possible future updates and releases for all OS's not just Android? I enjoy my Pine a lot but with no update in over 3 months it looks like there is not much going for it. Sad

We plan to make an OTA update on next week, this is still 5.1.1 release with default to 720P setting and also include Ethernet setup page. The Marshmallow currently still in porting process and ready to release in 2-3 weeks time.
(06-30-2016, 04:03 AM)gbjensen Wrote: My Remix installation has at least twice been updated online (within 2-3 weeks) So is there a reason to install a new images and loose all your downloads, setup, etc. I hope not.

We have start work with Remix on new build and expected release on 2 weeks time.
Will this Android update include CEC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
i got notice of new beta OTA for Remix desktop this morning. it would not download to my laptop so i guess i'll need a fresh install. but there is generally some new work being released at the moment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question automatic android / firmware updates? bongo 6 7,380 06-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Last Post: m12lrpv
  Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? netHolio 9 16,883 01-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tllim