KKeyboard: FN+num row does not type what is printed.
Yes, that worked fine. I blacklisted the kb151 module in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and added a systemd unit file to launch the user-space daemon.

The only issue is that with Mobian full disk encryption you can't use the hardware keyboard to enter the unlock password since device support is not in the kernel. Userspace has to load up before the keyboard is active. Not a big deal. (The keyboard does work for entering the swipe screen login password.)

So all I really see missing are the F11 and F12 keys, unless there's some magic combination of keystrokes to invoke those. (I don't see anything printed on the keycaps.) Can't even remember the last time I had to use those though.

EDIT: It occurs to me that to get the keyboard working for entering the disk encryption password, instead of blacklisting kb151 let the kernel load it at boot time then unload the module with "modprobe -r kb151" before starting the userspace daemon. Maybe I'll play around with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KKeyboard: FN+num row does not type what is printed. - by Zebulon Walton - 02-10-2022, 09:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D Printed PinePhone stand simoni 13 12,496 12-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: patrickmollohan
  Booklet type / flip case User 16030 13 16,459 10-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: User 16030