Shipping times?
I ordered my PP back when they were doing the UBPorts community edition and haven't ordered anything since. Does anyone here know the standard shipping time for products to the US from Pine64 right now? I recently ordered the keyboard and pinetime and chose standard shipping, for what it's worth. I will be away from home for about a week later this month so I just want to make sure if it falls in that time frame that I can let someone know.
Hard to say due to Covid delays. I just ordered a keyboard and used standard shipping since I just couldn't bring myself to pay 50% of the item's price for shipping. Standard shipping is probably China Post and I've ordered electronic items from China and Hong Kong that way quite a few times. Items would usually arrive within two weeks, but that was pre-pandemic. (Courier shipping is probably DHL.) I'm hoping that if the keyboards do actually ship January 10th as indicated on pine64.com hopefully they will arrive in the U.S. by the end of the month.
(01-04-2022, 03:41 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: Hard to say due to Covid delays. I just ordered a keyboard and used standard shipping since I just couldn't bring myself to pay 50% of the item's price for shipping. Standard shipping is probably China Post and I've ordered electronic items from China and Hong Kong that way quite a few times. Items would usually arrive within two weeks, but that was pre-pandemic. (Courier shipping is probably DHL.) I'm hoping that if the keyboards do actually ship January 10th as indicated on pine64.com hopefully they will arrive in the U.S. by the end of the month.

Thanks for the input. Where are you seeing that information on pine64.com? I just looked around and didn't spot anything obvious about shipping times. I ordered a few things so I wish I would have paid extra for shipping but it's too late now...
Pine64 doesn't list shipping times or what carriers are used. I'm talking about experience with other electronics vendors in China and Hong Kong ordering items shipped via China Post. (I don't know what else "standard shipping" from that area of the world would be.) When I bought my Pinephone I did pay for "courier" shipping and that arrived via DHL in I think about a week once it actually shipped.

The trouble is past experience is not necessarily an indicator because shipping times are unpredictable now due to Covid-19.
(01-04-2022, 04:39 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: Pine64 doesn't list shipping times or what carriers are used. I'm talking about experience with other electronics vendors in China and Hong Kong ordering items shipped via China Post. (I don't know what else "standard shipping" from that area of the world would be.) When I bought my Pinephone I did pay for "courier" shipping and that arrived via DHL in I think about a week once it actually shipped.

The trouble is past experience is not necessarily an indicator because shipping times are unpredictable now due to Covid-19.

Okay, I was a bit confused because you said "I'm hoping that if the keyboards do actually ship January 10th as indicated on pine64.com".
(01-05-2022, 09:29 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: Okay, I was a bit confused because you said "I'm hoping that if the keyboards do actually ship January 10th as indicated on pine64.com".

Didn't mean to confuse things, but there's always a chance that there would be some delay causing the keyboards to not be shipped on the 10th which would of course delay their arrival. In any event there are so many delays and problems in international shipping these days it's really a tough call as to how long the keyboards will take to arrive, even if using the more expensive shipping option.
I have a 0.4 kg UPS package listed in the UPS app that shipped this evening Hong Kong time from "HONGKONG HOMAR TECHNOLOGY CO LTD" and is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. I assume that's the PinePhone Keyboard as I'm not expecting anything else (with expedited shipping, at least) from that part of the world. I haven't received a shipping confirmation from Pine64 yet.
(01-07-2022, 08:28 AM)PRStoetzer Wrote: I have a 0.4 kg UPS package listed in the UPS app that shipped this evening Hong Kong time from "HONGKONG HOMAR TECHNOLOGY CO LTD" and is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. I assume that's the PinePhone Keyboard as I'm not expecting anything else (with expedited shipping, at least) from that part of the world. I haven't received a shipping confirmation from Pine64 yet.

That's quite quick! I didn't pay for the faster shipping (though I should have).
(01-07-2022, 12:56 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: That's quite quick! I didn't pay for the faster shipping (though I should have).

I have received a Pine Store update early this morning.
It is normal shipping with NL ending and it shows ready for shipment.

From now, next step may appear in 10-14 days I think (arriving to EU by ship).
I live in Belgium. I've received an email from pine64 that they have shipped the keyboard to me by UPS.
When I click the track and trace button, it is estimated to arrive at 12 jan. My birthday is 11 jan, so it will be a late birthday present Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sales & shipping issues for PinePhone keyboard gsteenss 4 2,956 08-21-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: kat22
  PinePhone Keyboard shipping costs appropriate? Peter Gamma 3 1,921 05-09-2022, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma