Goodbye and thanks!
(12-11-2021, 06:52 PM)ryo Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 01:21 PM)gamerminstrel Wrote: You're braver than I am for even trying to daily drive it. I still use my pinephone almost daily when Im at home, but its still not ready to replace my android phone.

I'm using it as a daily driver for a long time already, although I'm using 2 daily drivers (Mobian and Graphene) at the same time.
I only really need the Android one for LINE, since while I did manage to get my family and close friends to use XMPP, the vast majority of the people I know still uses LINE.
And I really want to be able to get rid of it, because LINE is quickly transforming itself from just a chat app to the Swiss knife of the New World Order (or New Normal, or Great Reset, or communism, or however you want to call it).
The unfortunate of humanity is that they always keep using all sorts of proprietary software that hates the users even though there's a free/libre open source elephant in the room that does respect its users.

For camera, I have a dedicated camera which makes much higher quality photos and videos than any phone camera.
As for games, headlines, browser (beyond emergency use), emulation, podcasts etc, call me a boomer, but I have a PC for that.
To me, all of this sucks on a phone in general.

By the way, it's pretty sad we had to start adding "free" in front of "open source" because so many open source projects these days aren't free software.
Even more so that we had to start sandwiching "libre" between both words to make absolutely sure we're talking about actually free free free free software, and not "free software" in name only.
Ryo,
Do you have a link to a list what software you are running and what OS?
I feel like we need a clean, no-discussion, possibly forum-pinned listing of example installs that daily driver users are using/testing with user comments.

Messages In This Thread
Goodbye and thanks! - by Athansor - 12-09-2021, 05:53 PM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by gamerminstrel - 12-11-2021, 01:21 PM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by ryo - 12-11-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by biketool - 12-12-2021, 05:51 AM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by ryo - 12-12-2021, 06:50 AM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by biketool - 12-12-2021, 10:18 AM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by ryo - 12-12-2021, 06:13 PM