Goodbye and thanks!
You're braver than I am for even trying to daily drive it. I still use my pinephone almost daily when Im at home, but its still not ready to replace my android phone. It's incredible watching the software evolve/change on a weekly basis. I'll check for updates every weekend and try random apps and be pleasantly surprised.

The pinephone's software has come so far, but part of that is because how far behind it was.  I remember getting hyped when:
-the refresh rate of the display went from 30-ish up to 60 hz like it should be.
-Manjaro+Plasma Mobile got a 1st time setup process
-The software keyboard became reliable enough that it came up when I needed it.
-Eventually Manjaro+Plasma Mobile got stable enough that I didn't have to re-flash my SD card weekly
-suddenly the camera was usable after a point
-Somewhere along the way Angelfish became usable as a web browser. lots of little things have improved.
-Bluetooth headphones just worked for me ( using Kasts, suddenly I can use this phone for podcasts as easily as my Android phone)
-USB-C video output on Plasma Mobile is suddenly much more reliable as of a couple weeks ago
-A lot of games are "playable" if you have a mouse+keyboard now. Maybe we'll even start to see controller support in these games
-Shattered Pixel Dungeon (Flathub) suddenly launches and is almost playable now using touch screen only
-We have a usable reddit app (Headlines)

It's going to continue to be a slow burn, but the pinephone is the only piece of tech that has ever gotten me excited for the future. This thing will only get better, while my Pixel 4a will slowly become deprecated. Pinephone will never match my current phone in raw performance power, but I'm hoping by the time my current phone dies it will have gotten "good enough". I don't need a phone with 6+GB of RAM or a CPU/GPU strong enough to emulate the Gamecube.

Messages In This Thread
Goodbye and thanks! - by Athansor - 12-09-2021, 05:53 PM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by gamerminstrel - 12-11-2021, 01:21 PM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by ryo - 12-11-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by biketool - 12-12-2021, 05:51 AM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by ryo - 12-12-2021, 06:50 AM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by biketool - 12-12-2021, 10:18 AM
RE: Goodbye and thanks! - by ryo - 12-12-2021, 06:13 PM