Can I get a little help building swmo?
I'm trying to get swmo installed. I've tried by flasing the sxmo edge and 21.06 postmarketOS/sxmo images, logging in, connecting to wifi, cloning https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-build, then running "./sxmo-build-all.sh --wayland". Everything runs through seemingly fine with no errors. But after I reboot I only get a console login and can't use the phone.

Has anyone gotten this installed and working? Any advice?
(11-02-2021, 10:48 AM)kelbot Wrote: I'm trying to get swmo installed. I've tried by flasing the sxmo edge and 21.06 postmarketOS/sxmo images, logging in, connecting to wifi, cloning https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-build, then running "./sxmo-build-all.sh --wayland". Everything runs through seemingly fine with no errors. But after I reboot I only get a console login and can't use the phone.

I've just installed SWMO to test it as my main driver through the week-end and I end up quite impressed (think it'll soon replace phosh on my phone).

Here are the steps I followed to get it working :
 - create an edge/sxmo image of pmos using pmbootstrap
 - install the image on the emmc using jumpdrive
 - git clone sxmo-build on the phone
 - run the script with --wayland parameter
 - reboot

The process is close to yours ... maybe the difference lies in the initial pmos install ?
(11-06-2021, 07:51 AM)fdlamotte Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:48 AM)kelbot Wrote: I'm trying to get swmo installed. I've tried by flasing the sxmo edge and 21.06 postmarketOS/sxmo images, logging in, connecting to wifi, cloning https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-build, then running "./sxmo-build-all.sh --wayland". Everything runs through seemingly fine with no errors. But after I reboot I only get a console login and can't use the phone.

I've just installed SWMO to test it as my main driver through the week-end and I end up quite impressed (think it'll soon replace phosh on my phone).

Here are the steps I followed to get it working :
 - create an edge/sxmo image of pmos using pmbootstrap
 - install the image on the emmc using jumpdrive
 - git clone sxmo-build on the phone
 - run the script with --wayland parameter
 - reboot

The process is close to yours ... maybe the difference lies in the initial pmos install ?

Thanks! I will give this a try later.
I'm so confused. I've done exactly as you have but still, after a reboot I just get a console login and no GUI. Can't do anything but SSH to it.

My steps:

- pmbootstrap init, choosing edge and sxmo
- pmbootstrap install to sdcard
- boot to sxmo and connect to wifi
- ssh to pinephone, clone the sxmo-build repo
- run ./sxmo_build_all.sh --wayland
- once it finished, reboot
- get console login that I can't use???

tinydm is failing to start. Looking in the logs it has an error about elogind. elogind wasn't even installed so I installed that. tinydm still won't start or boot to a gui.
Figured it out in case anyone else is having trouble and finds this.

https://postmarketos.org/edge/2021/10/24/sway-swmo/
Final update: With the release of sxmo 1.6.0 wayland is now the default and you can just install sxmo as normal and you will be automatically using "swmo"/wayland.
(11-17-2021, 11:51 AM)kelbot Wrote: Final update: With the release of sxmo 1.6.0 wayland is now the default and you can just install sxmo as normal and you will be automatically using "swmo"/wayland.

Now the toggle WM menu has becom disfunctional but is still is there.

I don't understand how to update. It says doas:
Operation not permitted
Upgrading all packges
Upgrade complete reboot for all change to take effect
Now if the operation is not permitted, how could it upgrade still?

Also there's the Edit onfiguration menu, shich currently opens an empty page .config/sxmo/xinit
Used to be quite useful, before.
This 1.6.0 looks a bit unfinished to me. ((I have not even found how to open several desktops. But I am not very good in linux.))
ok this one works quite intuitive Wink
Yes, I noticed the update menu option doesn't work. You can upgrade by just opening a terminal and doing "sudo apk update && sudo apk upgrade -aiv"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [swmo] Phone stays awake after missed call fdlamotte 4 3,119 11-11-2021, 06:36 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte