file manager vs. SD card
Hi,

I have a PinePhone running Ubuntu Touch, and I would like to access my files via File Manager that are on a 16 GB microSD card (formatted to FAT32). The SD card is mounted (it's on /media/phablet/FEA5-90D8 ), I'm able to reach all files via terminal, and I can see for example the pictures via Gallery application, but File Manager app shows nothing (just a blank screen) when microSD is in the phone.

For example if I would like to open and watch a video with Media Player or Video Player application, and I choose File Manager to add/open content, then I get blank screen, as well.

Any solution for this? Should I unmount and re-mount the microSD to a different folder?

Thanks!
I can see all the files when I navigate to the uSD card by touching the hamburger (three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the file manager, which takes you to "Places".  The uSD card partition shows up at the bottom of the places list, and when I touch that I see all the files and folders on the card.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(10-15-2021, 05:03 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: I can see all the files when I navigate to the uSD card by touching the hamburger (three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the file manager, which takes you to "Places".  The uSD card partition shows up at the bottom of the places list, and when I touch that I see all the files and folders on the card.

Thanks for the reply!

The problem is that I only get a blank white screen after opening File Manager (even when SD card is not in the phone, I tried it), so no hamburger menu or anything else.
(10-15-2021, 05:28 AM)laserpyramid Wrote: The problem is that I only get a blank white screen after opening File Manager (even when SD card is not in the phone, I tried it), so no hamburger menu or anything else.

Oh wow, so you basically have no file manager period ... that's a little more serious.  It's in the OpenStore under your installed apps, maybe try to delete it and reinstall it.
(10-15-2021, 05:44 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 05:28 AM)laserpyramid Wrote: The problem is that I only get a blank white screen after opening File Manager (even when SD card is not in the phone, I tried it), so no hamburger menu or anything else.

Oh wow, so you basically have no file manager period ... that's a little more serious.  It's in the OpenStore under your installed apps, maybe try to delete it and reinstall it.

I've tried it, nothing's changed. I'll try a factory reset, but I don't think it will solve this issue.

What I see now after factory reset: before updating File Manager app it works, but after update it via OpenStore it shows a blank white screen. Camera app also doesn't work after update.
(10-15-2021, 07:55 AM)laserpyramid Wrote: What I see now after factory reset: before updating File Manager app it works, but after update it via OpenStore it shows a blank white screen. Camera app also doesn't work after update.

Hmm, my first response was simply trying to point you to the files on the uSD card, at this point I have no idea why multiple apps are showing a blank screen.

I'm an admitted lazy ass, and since I'm only tinkering around on WiFi and a cheap Consumer Cellular SIM at this point, my go to solution for this sort of thing is to download the latest image and re-flash.  I'm on the Devel channel and doing the OTA updates almost daily, it's been pretty smooth sailing.
(10-15-2021, 07:55 AM)laserpyramid Wrote: What I see now after factory reset: before updating File Manager app it works, but after update it via OpenStore it shows a blank white screen. Camera app also doesn't work after update.

Remember having something similar. Got it to work after switching the updater to Release candidate channel...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Copy To SD Card, All I get Is Red Light & Black Screen . . . . NobodyNew1 9 11,009 09-13-2020, 08:59 PM
Last Post: NobodyNew1
  Automount SD card MasterGreenbolt 7 10,430 08-16-2020, 05:40 AM
Last Post: FOSSagent0
  File transfer mode no longer working? Zweitaktmotor 0 2,040 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Is bluetooth lag for A/V playback due to SD card? Cree 1 2,689 08-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: hiimtye
  Booting from SD card bingo600 1 2,677 06-20-2020, 02:33 AM
Last Post: bingo600
  SIM card not detected AddieDirects 5 7,456 06-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Momomentum
  accessing sd card from terminal / file manager pepo 2 3,765 03-17-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: pepo