Dead or Alive?
(06-28-2016, 01:37 PM)Ghost Wrote: Using a power supply that drops voltage is as much of an issue, if not even more so, as amperage.

Absolutely true. Just monitor the output voltage on some of these 99 cent piece-of-crap adapters that you get on ebay, and you might be amazed at how unregulated the output is.
I have done some other testing using a power supply dedicated to Pi3 (5V; 2.5Amp) that I assume is stable, anyhow i can not think the 4 power supply I tested were not stable:
- with my initial 32Go µSD, it boot! and launch remixos. I could do it several time without any probleme. after few minutes of used it froze
- with another 32Go (working fine on Pi2) : no boot
- go back to the first on32 µSD, no boot, and then boot but no launch of remix OS (froze with remix logo)

when I tickle the card into the card board reader it re-boot and start

I am waiting a new µSD card, if it do not boot again it might come from a dry welding not so well weld

do any one have had a response from the customer service of Pine? more than a week a wrote, no response in my case;

it is not serious at all
(06-30-2016, 05:57 AM)Ludovic Wrote: I have done some other testing using a power supply dedicated to Pi3 (5V; 2.5Amp) that I assume is stable, anyhow i can not think the 4 power supply I tested were not stable:
- with my initial 32Go µSD, it boot! and launch remixos. I could do it several time without any probleme. after few minutes of used it froze
- go back to the first on32 µSD, no boot, and then boot but no launch of remix OS (froze with remix logo)

I am waiting a new µSD card, if it do not boot again it might come from a dry welding not so well weld

do any one have had a response from the customer service of Pine? more than a week a wrote, no response in my case;

it is not serious at all
Sounds like you've confirmed your issue is not a ps issue...
(06-30-2016, 06:28 AM)DonFL Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 05:57 AM)Ludovic Wrote: I have done some other testing using a power supply dedicated to Pi3 (5V; 2.5Amp) that I assume is stable, anyhow i can not think the 4 power supply I tested were not stable:

it is not serious at all
Sounds like you've confirmed your issue is not a ps issue...

Hi DonFL

for sure, that not a ps issue
I received today my new µSD 32 Go Samsung EVO;

Burn one image: no boot

It is not neither a card problem;

I guess the problem is coming from the µSD card reader but all those tests are useless the customer service do not answer to the messages
I have received few days ago a new (third one i test);

The pine boot, started, and froze. Reboot, start, works for 2 hours and froze

Now I know it not coming from neither the image nor the card or again the charger, I bought a new.

During this time I wrote twice to PINE withouth any response

does someone have had at least a response from the customer service? Is this company real?
Just an observation regarding the amperage of the PSU, the one shipped by Pine is 2A 5v and not a 2.5A 5v. So I can only presume a 2A will suffice.
(07-15-2016, 01:32 AM)dhannan Wrote: Just an observation regarding the amperage of the PSU, the one shipped by Pine is 2A 5v and not a 2.5A 5v. So I can only presume a 2A will suffice.

Everything on the wiki also says 2A, you make a valid point. But you will see a lot of suggestions/directoves/etc on the forum saying 2.5 A or you're sunk. Smile

Its the other end of the range where you'll run into issues, trying to boot with 5V and significantly less than 2-2.5A. My experience has been anything below 1.5 A and you are in the yellow zone, and thats just from a power-up boot standpoint, nothing hanging off the I/O ports.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dead Pine A64? Truglio 2 4,428 01-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Truglio
  Possibly Dead Board? 1activegeek 2 4,158 04-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: 1activegeek
  Pine64 Dead sdf_iain 8 9,076 08-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  is my pine dead? yella-pine64 3 3,975 08-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  pine64 + 2gb is a dead plate. may1791 3 3,883 05-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Luke