Computer made in adrica
We are an open source informatic school in Limbe Cameroon and Africa need informatic and laptop. But we don't want only to buy but we want to mount an African laptop we work already with raspberry and pine64 machine. So we will try to develop an African machine it means it must be cheap and as technology is changing it should be a machine were we can change the different parts easily. So with pine64 we can already buy all the parts but we need your help to assemble it correctly. Hoping to read you very soon. 
(08-20-2021, 10:31 PM)luglimbe Wrote:
We are an open source informatic school in Limbe Cameroon and Africa need informatic and laptop.

Pine I believe has a programme to give out free laptops. @Luke may be able to help there.

(08-20-2021, 10:31 PM)luglimbe Wrote:
So we will try to develop an African machine it means it must be cheap and as technology is changing it should be a machine were we can change the different parts easily. So with pine64 we can already buy all the parts but we need your help to assemble it correctly.

I am currently working on a device I have initially called 'Chunk Boi Pro' [1] - the purpose is not to create the slimmest open-source laptop but the most upgradeable/maintainable open-source laptop (more inline with your goals). The idea is that parts will be interchangeable. Let me know if you are interested or want to discuss the project.

[1] https://coffeespace.org.uk/projects/chun...art-1.html