using Pure Maps
I installed puremaps. However it will not display the default Mapbox maps, but I can display OpenCycleMaps. Navigation fails however, as does location: No reaction on the auto centering button. After initialization, puermaps shows a blank screen as the default map does not display. When switching from offline to mixed profile, message is: loading style failed: HTTP status code 401. If I switch map to OpenCycleMaps, this map will display but no location nor routing will work.
What could be wrong here?
Should I install OSM Scout Server, too - and whalt would be the package name in apk?
here you can see what happens with the GPS

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14114

in the rare case that the GPS fixes the location quickly then the raw data are output at "/dev/EG25.NMEA" as NMEA sentences, if you can configure the application to draw the data from there you will get a location
(08-04-2021, 03:43 AM)mouffa Wrote: here you can see what happens with the GPS

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14114

in the rare case that the GPS fixes the location quickly then the raw data are output at "/dev/EG25.NMEA" as NMEA sentences, if you can configure the application to draw the data from there you will get a location

oops, that's quite a high technical level for my brains. Thank you.
for the time being positioning with Pine Phone can be proved as a concept but is not so practical, you can do the initial configuration manually and then write a script that regularly outputs the NMEA sentences until you get a fix and then feed the coordibates in your maps application, scripting is not so difficult, the philopsohy of this project is that someone should try to do it for himself and then release it to the community
I installed the companion OSM scout server yesterday, and installed one offline map. Installed from https://www.flathub.org/apps/details/io....coutServer ais I could not find on apk. Puremaps instantly routed any track.
Today, after updating sxmo, Puremaps will only allow mapbox maps and routing fails again.
Photo 
starting Pure-maps via Terminal ist seems other stuffs are not quite correct here. So this is not a GPS issue, but something goes wrong in sxmo. On Manjaro plasma mobile, Pure-Maps works as it should.
image: st starting puremaps
https://wolkenmeer.com/index.php/s/HRtC7EMkxLnpAW6
(08-04-2021, 12:47 AM)Uturn Wrote: I installed puremaps. However it will not display the default Mapbox maps, but I can display OpenCycleMaps. Navigation fails however, as does location: No reaction on the auto centering button. After initialization, puermaps shows a blank screen as the default map does not display. When switching from offline to mixed profile, message is: loading style failed: HTTP status code 401. If I switch map to OpenCycleMaps, this map will display but no location nor routing will work.
Should I install OSM Scout Server, too - and whalt would be the package name in apk?

I installed via flatpak, due to not getting all to funtion on my own. It worked though.
(08-07-2021, 02:29 AM)luney Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 12:47 AM)Uturn Wrote: I installed puremaps. However it will not display the default Mapbox maps, but I can display OpenCycleMaps. Navigation fails however, as does location: No reaction on the auto centering button. After initialization, puermaps shows a blank screen as the default map does not display. When switching from offline to mixed profile, message is: loading style failed: HTTP status code 401. If I switch map to OpenCycleMaps, this map will display but no location nor routing will work.

I installed via flatpak, due to not getting all to funtion on my own. It worked though.

yes, I had it work from flatpak, it worked shortly, then found it on apk, felt apk is the way to do and it did not work. (So i'll try flatpak again) However something like
Code:
flatpak install flathub io.github.rinigus.PureMaps
will not install anything... last time I feel I just clicked on 'install' in firefox, or something els. I forgot.
now tried sudo flatpak install pure-maps which did quite a lot of installing. However no pure maps menu item appeared so far, and terminal pure-maps or puremaps don't fire up the app either.
So I did a sudo apk add pure-maps and now I have again a menu item, but puremaps will not do any routing.
Rinigus, the developer of Pure Maps, says:
If it cannot find our location (as with autocenter) then GPS is either not ready or there is some issue with hardware and drivers integration. Sounds like it is an issue in the underlying OS, not Pure Maps or other maps apps. You should ask for help from OS developers.
So, as @mouffa mentioned, it seems to be a location problem. In Manjaro plasma mobile, locastion and navitagtion in Pure-Maps works quite nicely.