Enclosures in Store
If this isn't the place, I apologize in advance.

So I'm a backer, pledged the $89 package (LCD touch panel, 64GB SD card, etc.).  I added via the backerkit the acrylic case because I thought it was cool and would work for what I wanted to do (hook to my TV like an oversized but supercool Chromecast).  I'm well on my way to making that happen.  But now I have this LCD touch panel that I'm not going to have much use for until (and it will happen) I can get a 2nd board to turn into a tablet.  

Now here's the reason for my post, the ABS Playbox enclosure is sold out and won't allow backorders.  Also aware that shipping has been delayed for this enclosure.  I don't have a 3D printer and quotes to get one printed are well over $100.  I'm not going to do that.  Does anyone know if it will be made available again in the future?  I'm not expecting anything soon, obviously.  Just hoping that it's not gone forever.
Leonard "Newby McNewwwberson"
I am the stumble in the darkness. I am the loiterer in the stalls. I am the fire that burns accidentally in the backyard, the light that brings the mosquitoes, the horn that wakes the sleepers at the green light, the shield that guards the landfill.
(06-17-2016, 07:30 AM)lennychuck Wrote: If this isn't the place, I apologize in advance.

So I'm a backer, pledged the $89 package (LCD touch panel, 64GB SD card, etc.).  I added via the backerkit the acrylic case because I thought it was cool and would work for what I wanted to do (hook to my TV like an oversized but supercool Chromecast).  I'm well on my way to making that happen.  But now I have this LCD touch panel that I'm not going to have much use for until (and it will happen) I can get a 2nd board to turn into a tablet.  

Now here's the reason for my post, the ABS Playbox enclosure is sold out and won't allow backorders.  Also aware that shipping has been delayed for this enclosure.  I don't have a 3D printer and quotes to get one printed are well over $100.  I'm not going to do that.  Does anyone know if it will be made available again in the future?  I'm not expecting anything soon, obviously.  Just hoping that it's not gone forever.

This is just a temporary "sold out" due to the Playbox case delay. Once the case available and start deliver to KS backer, we will reopen back to available at the online store.
(06-17-2016, 04:04 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 07:30 AM)lennychuck Wrote: If this isn't the place, I apologize in advance.

This is just a temporary "sold out" due to the Playbox case delay. Once the case available and start deliver to KS backer, we will reopen back to available at the online store.

Thanks!
I am the stumble in the darkness. I am the loiterer in the stalls. I am the fire that burns accidentally in the backyard, the light that brings the mosquitoes, the horn that wakes the sleepers at the green light, the shield that guards the landfill.
@lennychuck Don't worry your not the only one patiently waiting for them to become availible. I finally got my Screen, Wifi, Camera, battery, and RTC battery pack and currently am brainstorming how I can go about getting all of this stuff into a Lego case. I currently am using a Lego case for my unit connected tot he TV but I REALLY want one for gaming and such and being able to use a fully featured desktop OS on the touch screen is my hope in the future when the software is able to do that. In fact, I will be ordering another board for my friend and he is going to help me learn to port stuff and such by doing a port of Gentoo with me. I have never used Gentoo sooooo it will be a fun project and a learning experience. Maybe we will be able to give back to the community as well. who knows, but the point is, if I get a workable Lego Tablet case going I will be sure to post it, probably under the current Lego Case thread. AND from there, who knows, but I will move to the purpose built unit when it is released. Hopefully soon. One of the things I noticed today was that the camera housing and the camera slot on the screens housing do NOT match in size, so I am not sure how I am going to work the camera into that spot but I am sure it will involve some weird modding powers... good thing I have some plasticard.
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
(06-25-2016, 12:53 AM)MrWizerd Wrote: ... if I get a workable Lego Tablet case going I will be sure to post it, probably under the current Lego Case thread.....

That will be awesome.  I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are the Pine64 Acrylic Open Enclosures Stackable? abhinava 5 9,445 09-17-2020, 06:41 AM
Last Post: dabou
  Standard Mounting Standoffs from the Hardware Store MarkHaysHarris777 2 4,669 08-28-2016, 02:49 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Anyone wanna swap enclosures ? stephen0205 2 4,118 08-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Last Post: stephen0205
  Enclosures versetti 2 5,010 12-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Last Post: delad