Three Quick Questions...
Hello techlords,

I've been running SXMO on pmOS as my daily driver for 3+ weeks. I am a noob and non-programmer. So, bear with me. I would like to accomplish 3 goals:

1. How can I autoload SD card at boot (the OS runs from emmc)? From there, I plan to use midnight commander (mc) to play some tunes.
  2. How do I copy received text messages? Sometimes, I receive a HTML link and would like to cut&copy it.
  3. How can you add programs to the app menu (Thunar adds but MC does not, etc..)?

Thank you.
(06-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Magnus Wrote: Hello techlords,

I've been running SXMO on pmOS as my daily driver for 3+ weeks. I am a noob and non-programmer. So, bear with me. I would like to accomplish 3 goals:

1. How can I autoload SD card at boot (the OS runs from emmc)? From there, I plan to use midnight commander (mc) to play some tunes.
  2. How do I copy received text messages? Sometimes, I receive a HTML link and would like to cut&copy it.
  3. How can you add programs to the app menu (Thunar adds but MC does not, etc..)?

Thank you.
I don't believe that postmarket has an APK for midnight commander. If your goal is music though, then what you really want is CMUS and there is an APK. In terminal type, "sudo apk add cmus". It will download and install. Search on the internet how to use CMUS. I love using CMUS on SXMO. Just remember that in SXMO, you will have to change to headphones in the OS to play on headphones.

I will leave number 2 to someone else. 

For number 3, some apps will appear on reboot. CMUS will show up for example. Otherwise, you should check out the contribute section of the SXMO website.https://sr.ht/~mil/Sxmo/
(06-06-2021, 02:40 PM)luney Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Magnus Wrote: Hello techlords,

Thank you.
I don't believe that postmarket has an APK for midnight commander. If your goal is music though, then what you really want is CMUS and there is an APK. In terminal type, "sudo apk add cmus". It will download and install. Search on the internet how to use CMUS. I love using CMUS on SXMO. Just remember that in SXMO, you will have to change to headphones in the OS to play on headphones.

I will leave number 2 to someone else. 

For number 3, some apps will appear on reboot. CMUS will show up for example. Otherwise, you should check out the contribute section of the SXMO website.https://sr.ht/~mil/Sxmo/
Good suggestion. CMUS is great (& shows up on the App menu). Midnight commander can be installed by "sudo apk add mc". But, I also found two other file managers that are recognized in the app menu: thunar (gui) and ranger (awesome non-gui).

Also, FWIW, I am using firefox "container tabs" to isolate work, personal, finance, etc... It works really well.

Finally, I found that KeepassXc works OK and has two-factor authentication.
Copy SMS:

(1) Navigate to the following:
~/.local/share/sxmo/modem

(2) select folder linked to whatever SMS number

(3) view/edit SMS.txt in that numbered folder
(07-29-2021, 03:37 PM)Magnus Wrote: Copy SMS:

(1) Navigate to the following:
~/.local/share/sxmo/modem

(2) select folder linked to whatever SMS number

(3) view/edit SMS.txt in that numbered folder

Further update: I reported this as a bug, but apparently someone else has opened a bug as well as a software fix here: https://todo.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-tickets/333