Best OS to try for newbie with a Mac?
Hi got my pine board and am trying at the moment to find an image of Remix OS that will unzip properly on my Mac and load onto the SD card i have. While i am waiting I was wondering if this was the best OS for the total newbie or would anyone out there have other suggestions? Hope I'm not shouting into an empty room.
markd,

You will need to use one of the DD imgs and burn it from your terminal on mac. Here are the instructions for using dd.
This is probably quite a task for a newbie as yourself - so do feel free to join the chat (in my sig) so someone can guide you though this.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks for the reply Luke I finally managed to get an image of Remix to unpack properly burnt it to the SD card with ApplePi-Baker and it booted up first time in less than a couple of minutes ( didn't notice as i was reading your reply). I've had a quick look and everything seems ok bluetooth keyboard connected and wi-fi up and running ethernet not working so any advice on that would be gratefully received.
It looks like people have issues with connecting when switching between ethernet and wifi . This seems to be a common issue -- Im basing this on the problems people report in the chat and not personal experience however. If you turn off the pine, take off the wifi hat, connect ethernet and boot up does the board connect properly ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Ill give it a try later thanks mate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie unable to connect to internet Derek7 2 3,007 07-16-2021, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Derek7
  Touch screen (newbie question) Ahriman_92 1 3,384 06-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Newbie Questions akool64 4 7,288 06-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  Brand Newbie Spaker 1 2,842 05-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Luke