Manjaro (Plasma OS) bugs/ issues
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.80.0
QT Version : 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.11.11-1-Manjaro-ARM
OS Type: 64-bit

Hardware : PinePhone Beta Edition
MicroSD: (for music) Samsung Evo 32gb

I got my phone yesterday but I already noticed some bugs and issues, even when updating

1. when I plugged in my phone to charge it with the cable it came in with the screen was showing half of it with the other half black and the menu arrow at the middle of the screen.
2. Terminal did not allow me to close it or minimize the input.
3. Terminal top input where tab, alt etc. was not working, no inputs were working when pressed but the other part where the keys are was working.
4. SD card does not mount automatically, even trying the terminal prompt was not working. I ended up using gnome disks to format and mount it but wierd thing is I still don't see it or can interact with it via the terminal command "sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1" ( I just want to use it for my music)
5.Sometimes the screen goes into a half display mode with the bottom half black.
6. Sometimes the error "Modem (quectelqmi_0) IP configuration was unavailable" appears, though that might be due to the T-mobile celluar in the southern California area.
7. When calling there was no options to change output to speaker until after the person picked up on the other end. I made a 2nd brief call but it sounded like one of my calls failed and went mute. (Maybe cellular bandwidth frequency used by T-Mobile in the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles)
8.My alarm clock did not sound until I picked up the phone and clicked the power button. 
9. The updating process wasn't exactly smooth, it seemed like it was acting up a bit.

Is there a github/Gitlab for Manjaro Plasma OS? Or is this forum appropriate to post bugs assuming the devs check the forums here out? I went to the Manjaro forums and did not see much for the Pinephone. I do wish there was some kind of getting started and documentation because I was not familiar with this OS or the apps at all coming from one have used UBports before. As or my Sd card any help with that?

I had less then a day with it but maybe I can update some of the issues I have seen so far.

update: 10. I notice that with the WIFi on it consumes the battery quick and within the workday it gets depleted to around 20% on a full charge.
11. Opening the address book and trying to text brings me to a white screen with the following "Device to send a SMS with:" without a number or anything, its a bit weird is that it does not work right.
12. I hooked up my phone to my linux pc via a usb c cable and it's not connecting and allowing me to at least see my images.
Glad to see your post. I have similar problems, but not exactly the same. I get the half screen issue, but I also have a screen timeout issue. It pays no attention to the Never or 15 Minutes setting, but goes off quite quickly. Sometimes I can try to navigate and open a few apps, but once it decides to time out and lock the screen, after entering the PIN, it will never again return to a normal screen without doing a forced restart. After entering the PIN, it will come to a malformed, non-functioning screen. Sometimes the screen will flash or show interference patterns. The phone in its current state is unusable as it only functions for anywhere from a few seconds to a minute before the screen locks. My update went smoothly, but it seemed to be working okay before the update. I'm left with the question of whether the update is bad or the hardware is defective. There seems to be no "factory reset" mode or boot to recovery to try a reset. I too am coming from UBports on Nexus 5, so some kind of documentation on this OS and hardware would be appreciated.
This is interesting, I am having similar issues on my pinephone. I have the same version of everything listed in the first post after updating using sudo pacman -Suuyyw and sudo pacman -Suy. I am not sure if any of these issues were there before updating because I only used it a few minutes.

KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.80.0
QT Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.11.11-1-Manjaro-ARM
OS Type: 64-bit

Hardware: PinePhone Beta Edition

1. I had a half white screen a few times, but the other half showed normally. I think that the navigation/menu bar was showing in the middle of the screen, but I am not certain.
2. I am able to minimize the keyboard by swiping down from any of the top two rows of keys which shows the navigation bar.
3. Not sure if these are working or not, I can click on ctrl and alt and they get a blue box, tab works, and the two arrows work.
4. I attempted to boot from a sd card that works in another pinephone with lower versions of everything but Qt and it will not get past the red notification light when I attempt to boot.
5. Don’t think I have seen this.
6. Don’t think I have seen this.
7. Haven’t set it up with cell service yet.
8. Haven’t tried the alarm yet, but I remember reading something about the alarm clock not working while the phone is asleep.
9. While I was updating from the terminal application I also found it buggy.

A few other notes of my own:

10. lock screen shows 12 hr time and 12 hr time on top of screen. After signing in top of screen shows 24 hr time.
11. I have a screen time out issue as well. The settings seem to have no affect. It varies from seconds after signing in to a minute or more, but it still sends me to the lock screen. At times it seems like the act of clicking on the screen is what is locking the phone.
12. Sometimes after signing in the screen is dimmed and there is a small white square in the center of the screen. Clicking anywhere makes the box go away and returns the screen to normal brightness.
(04-23-2021, 04:04 PM)PJK2012 Wrote: ... but I also have a screen timeout issue. It pays no attention to the Never or 15 Minutes setting, but goes off quite quickly.
It seems that the Settings -> Screen setup application is still not fixed - see the following thread:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13481
(04-25-2021, 12:13 AM)acrux Wrote: It seems that the Settings -> Screen setup application is still not fixed - see the following thread:

Thank you acrux,

Making my file /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc match what I copied below seems to have fixed the problem. I got this from another Beta edition pinephone. There was a small section that I removed to make it match.

[AC]
icon=battery-charging

[AC][DPMSControl]
idleTime=60
lockBeforeTurnOff=1

[AC][DimDisplay]
idleTime=300000

[AC][HandleButtonEvents]
lidAction=1
powerButtonAction=128
powerDownAction=16

[Battery]
icon=battery-060

[Battery][DPMSControl]
idleTime=60
lockBeforeTurnOff=1

[Battery][DimDisplay]
idleTime=30000

[Battery][HandleButtonEvents]
lidAction=1
powerButtonAction=128
powerDownAction=16

[Battery][SuspendSession]
idleTime=300000
suspendType=1

[LowBattery]
icon=battery-low

[LowBattery][BrightnessControl]
value=30

[LowBattery][DPMSControl]
idleTime=30
lockBeforeTurnOff=1

[LowBattery][DimDisplay]
idleTime=30000

[LowBattery][HandleButtonEvents]
lidAction=1
powerButtonAction=128
powerDownAction=16

[LowBattery][SuspendSession]
idleTime=300000
suspendType=1
I believe some phones may have shipped with bad batteries. The screen crash to black and then back to lock screen loop goes away when the phone is connected to a charger or the battery is at 5% charge. Here are two videos showing the difference in behavior with and without the charger connected:

https://rumble.com/vg6tth-pinephone-beta...-loop.html

https://rumble.com/vg6tyr-pinephone-beta...ached.html
(04-27-2021, 08:58 PM)PJK2012 Wrote: I believe some phones may have shipped with bad batteries. The screen crash to black and then back to lock screen loop goes away when the phone is connected to a charger or the battery is at 5% charge.

Hmm, there are different settings for screen timeout when at battery or when at charger. Try to manually edit the /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc file to see if that makes difference.
Do not use the Settings -> Screen setup applcation - it seems that it is still not fixed.
If that does not help, then you can start to blame battery...
I have the same issue with Manjaro Plasma Mobile

Due to the fact that Manjaro Phosh works fine(From the SD card),
I think a software bug is more likely than a hardware issue.
Pinephone: Manjaro Plasma Mobile

Workstation: Manjaro KDE + i3
Laptop: Manjaro KDE

Pinetime #1: Infinitime 1.0.0
Pinetime #2: WaspOS 0.4
I just got my phone on 5/7. I have the same issue with the screen lock loop. It was fine until today.  I left it plugged in all night last night to see if I could get it to charge beyond bout 84%. It did not charge beyond that point. Every time I unlock the screen, I have about 3 seconds to make a change until it locks again. 
I also received and installed the latest update this morning - I got it to install, but the screen lock issue is still happening.
(04-25-2021, 03:46 PM)Timothy_Ecc Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 12:13 AM)acrux Wrote: It seems that the Settings -> Screen setup application is still not fixed - see the following thread:

Thank you acrux,

Making my file /.config/powermanagementprofilesrc match what I copied below seems to have fixed the problem. I got this from another Beta edition pinephone. There was a small section that I removed to make it match.

[AC]
icon=battery-charging

[AC][DPMSControl]
idleTime=60
lockBeforeTurnOff=1

[AC][DimDisplay]
idleTime=300000

[AC][HandleButtonEvents]
lidAction=1
powerButtonAction=128
powerDownAction=16

[Battery]
icon=battery-060

[Battery][DPMSControl]
idleTime=60
lockBeforeTurnOff=1

[Battery][DimDisplay]
idleTime=30000

[Battery][HandleButtonEvents]
lidAction=1
powerButtonAction=128
powerDownAction=16

[Battery][SuspendSession]
idleTime=300000
suspendType=1

[LowBattery]
icon=battery-low

[LowBattery][BrightnessControl]
value=30

[LowBattery][DPMSControl]
idleTime=30
lockBeforeTurnOff=1

[LowBattery][DimDisplay]
idleTime=30000

[LowBattery][HandleButtonEvents]
lidAction=1
powerButtonAction=128
powerDownAction=16

[LowBattery][SuspendSession]
idleTime=300000
suspendType=1

Hi - can you tell me step by step how you got to this file? did you connect the phone to a dongle, or just use the terminal? What commands did you enter? What line in the above file did you change? Thank you, as I'm having this same issue from a phone I bought on Friday. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 4 91 4 hours ago
Last Post: gamerminstrel
  xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile acrux 9 1,044 Yesterday, 06:18 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Plasma Mobile telephony broken? Testing / Unstable dcinoz 9 983 06-16-2021, 03:20 AM
Last Post: mouffa
  Plasma Mobile "stable" currently broken acrux 14 448 06-15-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Cannot run onionshare-gui on pp manjaro plasma scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK 0 61 06-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK
  User Interface (Plasma Mobile) Queries dgiffin 1 75 06-12-2021, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Manjaro phosh annoying problems and a bit of usage experience Nick_dnepr 7 437 06-09-2021, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Can i install 16 different distros apart from the default manjaro? temp0rary 4 268 05-28-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  Black Screen on PinePhone with Manjaro Juron 5 316 05-27-2021, 07:13 AM
Last Post: dcinoz
  no unlock screen (plasma mobile) dieselnutjob 6 532 05-26-2021, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CareAgain